Forums

Organising Recorded Records

Pages:

RE: Organising Recorded Records
Message 11/13
24-Feb-04 @ 09:41 AM
Steve Roughley
Not to worry Milan. Cheers anyway.

I've just bought that softpointer, Beds (not bad for £8). I'll let you know how it works out. I also found out that Traktor does something similar. So last night I bit the bullet and went through half of my tracks and defined just about anything that I might remember a track by, such as the trackname, artist, remixer, genre, label and any comments, such as extra remix information. I also made use of a field called 'ranking' to add a number from 1 to 5 to the tracks that represented where in a set I would be most likely to place the track, (which will drastically reduce the number of tracks to search through during a set). 1 being the intro, to 5 being the finale. If this way of organising recordings doesn't work, then I'm probably just gonna have to put up with it.

Steve.

Track this topic in your Forum admin

Message 12/13
24-Feb-04 @ 04:41 PM
Who cares about DJing? That was sooooooo 1997.

Message 13/13
01-Mar-04 @ 10:44 PM
dr_haskell
I did my hole collection at xmas.

One of the best is the free real player. Suprisingly. Good genre & album grouping which makes looking at your mp3s easy. Click on the library bit if you already have realplayer on your pc.

The one i use now is dbpoweramp which is free, i tend to search for a track with the windows search and then drag the tracks into the playlist on dbpoweramp.

Pages:

Reply to thread

Please log in to post replies: