Forums

Jazz ethic

Pages:

RE: Jazz ethic
Message 11/17
01-Jul-02 @ 06:48 PM
milan
Link: Link
wow, that sounds great. i just missed carl craig and leon ware live in concert, because i was away, but i guess that would have been pretty interesting gig to see.

Track this topic in your Forum admin

Message 12/17
02-Jul-02 @ 06:00 PM
knowa
yeah it was totally outrageous. I forgot to mention that he had his whole mix (minus vocals and horns) ging through a kaoss pad and an AirFX and was deftly squashing the whole mix to fractalized vocode-bits in rhythm.

Pongoid, you gotta see this.

Message 13/17
02-Jul-02 @ 09:17 PM
influx
damn I would love to see this!

Message 14/17
03-Jul-02 @ 04:10 PM
k
I saw this guy live a few weeks back who used a mic & delay sampling pedal & sampled sections of beats made with the harmonica/mouth, then overlaid new riffs etc.. he was brilliant!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/17
04-Jul-02 @ 07:35 PM
Pongoid
Would love to. That sounds like good shit. Need more folks on this tip. Maybe not with exactly same techniques, but the kind of improv'd feel and command. Coolness.

Ape

Message 16/17
05-Jul-02 @ 02:20 AM
marianimal
When he played in SF he brought out a box of glass bottles, smashed them one by one and sampled that. I was a little concerned cos Dani wasn't wearing shoes among all the broken glass but it was pretty darn exciting nonetheless.

Message 17/17
05-Jul-02 @ 05:56 PM
Drop
Yer Herberts cool. He also records as Dr Rocket. The vocalist's name is Dani Scilliconi or something like that. The album before Bodily Functions was wicked. I think it was called "Around The House". Kinda deep house but instead of using hi-hats, he used the sound of spoons and jam jar lids and crazyness like that.

He is Excellent.

Pages:

Reply to thread

Please log in to post replies: