Forum admin

Forums

MIDI Sequencer for Live PA

Pages:

RE: MIDI Sequencer for Live PA
Message 31/38
18-Sep-02 @ 06:44 PM
errata
Right on, Craig! That's what I do. With a master clock running them both to the same tempo. RM1x is the way!

I do hard trance around 140 to 150 BPM. With arpegiations at that speed you better not be even a 64th or 128th note off in timing... it shows, and even the slightest bit out of time drags the energy down, puts a swing on the beats, you can't hear that it's out of time but you can feel it. And so can they!

e

Track this topic in your Forum admin

Message 32/38
18-Sep-02 @ 10:30 PM
Scott Digweed
I had a setback in my plans this week, as the machinedrum went bonkers and I have no clue what's wrong with it. I thought this kit was going to be reliable. *sigh* :-/

Ape - How many songs you are able to save on your MMT-8's internal memory, and how long are your songs on average? Also, still wondering if you have the grey or black MMT-8's?

Craig - I'd rather not haul around two RM1x's, that's like a coffin case with a couple 1200's. I can't fit a coffin case in my car without some serious interior bruising. :-/

Message 33/38
18-Sep-02 @ 10:43 PM
errata
We use pelican cases for the rm1x's... they're just fat attaches!

e

Message 34/38
19-Sep-02 @ 01:19 AM
Scott Digweed
come again e... what's a pelican case? hehe :0)

Message 35/38
19-Sep-02 @ 07:25 AM
Pongoid
Link: Link
http://www.pelican.com

That's the stuff right there. I love my Pelican case. I wish they'd do 19" rack stuff.

Ape

Message 36/38
19-Sep-02 @ 06:34 PM
99devils
Dude, Home Depot has aluminum tool cases for $20 that hold the RM perfectly with just a little bit of padding. They're briefcase sized jobs, and can take a good bit of jogging around.

Thanks to Casparproject for that tip  

-Craig

Message 37/38
20-Sep-02 @ 08:01 PM
errata
if i can't rack it it goes in a pelican! (No they aren't paying me)... rock solid molded plastic with foam padding you can pluck out to custom fit!

They are pressurized as well for altitude! Popular with photographers! We have a large one that houses an RM1X, electribe, Nova and 2 little mixers, all standing on end! Brilliant...

e

Message 38/38
21-Sep-02 @ 11:37 PM
Meriphew
If you're going to only be using external gear for sounds, then why not just use the Yammie Rm1x? I use one, and have NEVER had any issues with glitches in switching patterns or sounds (like Jamey said, that happens only when using the Rm1x's internal sounds).

Pages:

Reply to thread

Please log in to post replies: