Forum admin

Forums

Using Cubase for funky garage

Using Cubase for funky garage
O/P Message 1/4
09-Oct-00 @ 11:48 PM
microbeat
Using Cubase for funky garage? I know there are facilities for getting that shuffly, loose feel on the percussion in Logic. How do u get that Masters At Work feel in Cubase. Any tips?

love
the lovedoctor

Track this topic in your Forum admin

RE: Using Cubase for funky garage
Message 2/4
10-Oct-00 @ 02:28 PM
teemu
Link: Link
There are 2 ways to do this

The easy way: don't use straight quantization, use something else, like 16T or the special groove quantizations (I'm not sure if Cubase has those though, I don't use it.)

The hard way: DIY. Don't place all the notes in exact beats, put some of the between the beats. It takes a lot of work to make it sound right but hey, making music is hard work anyway.

There is also a third way... find a good drummer. =)

Message 3/4
10-Oct-00 @ 02:47 PM
k
i didnt check out VST V5 groove quatise templates... but you want to add a 16th groove shuffle template - in Logic it is 16d or 16c in vst I dunno. just try them on the hat pattern and see which suits. also there is some midifile garage grooves i added in the files section on main drumgroove threads page of this section you can use as a template - (left side text column, bottom)

Message 4/4
11-Oct-00 @ 10:58 AM
Jasper
you can also use the strength percentage in logic.. so if you want something between swingc and swingd try swingd at 50%.

Reply to thread

Please log in to post replies: