Forum admin

Forums

Midnight at the ring fort

Midnight at the ring fort
O/P Message 1/6
03-Apr-01 @ 08:04 AM
fiddleface
Link: Link
A new track for any leprechauns who happen to come here. Any comments from humans would be welcome too. Jerry

Track this topic in your Forum admin

RE: Midnight at the ring fort
Message 2/6
03-Apr-01 @ 04:12 PM
castol
i can tell your influenced by orbital   are you playing a real guitar? if so, right on...more live instruments i think is a good thing. plus it's funner than inserting notes into a sequencer, gives a more human feel. it'd be nice to hear a higher quality version if you have one.

Message 3/6
03-Apr-01 @ 09:41 PM
fiddleface
The electric guitars are real, the nylon string one is from an EXS24. I didn't spot that Orbital influence untill I read your post but I think I know what you mean. It's when the pad comes in, isn't it? The stereo version is on my page at Besonic, just click the link. Jerry

Message 4/6
04-Apr-01 @ 12:16 AM
castol
it's the clave that did it for me (but i'm getting the same feeling from all your tracks to some extent, not a bad thing orbital are one of my fav's). least i think that's what it is. it's like clink....clink..clink. i dunno, i'm not to knowledgable in 808, 909 terminology but it comes from from one of those machines. i had a listen over at besonic (never heard of it before) and sounds good.

Message 5/6
05-Apr-01 @ 06:50 PM
fiddleface
Thanks. Whats a clave?

Message 6/6
05-Apr-01 @ 08:35 PM
BassProShop
Pair of hardwood sticks which one beats together rhythmically, the hi-hat of Latin music.

Reply to thread

Please log in to post replies: