Forum admin

Forums

Is there a midi mixer?

Is there a midi mixer?
O/P Message 1/7
20-Feb-01 @ 02:06 PM
jaskim
Does a midi mixer exist that would allow me to have patterns on one drum machine control my equipment, and then get the other drum machine ready and start merging midi signals and then completely switch over to channel two, just like a dj mixer? I want to know this because I want to play live (and have enough material without stopping) without a computer... I know a true crossfader wouldn't work probably but maybe a 3 position switch A / AB / and B?

Track this topic in your Forum admin

RE: Is there a midi mixer?
Message 2/7
20-Feb-01 @ 02:14 PM
Jasper
Link: Link
yes, a midi merge unit would do that.

check the above link.

Message 3/7
20-Feb-01 @ 04:24 PM
jaskim
a merger... yes this is what i need. anyone know of a good midi h/w sequencer? I currently use a Boss DR5 drum machine to control a drumstation + 3 nord lead tracks. works great but i run out of patterns.. I am looking for something similar that has a floppy disk. MC-50? or are there any other drum machines with extra midi tracks that could do the job? thx.

Message 4/7
20-Feb-01 @ 05:50 PM
k
mebbe an old alesis Datadisc ? - rack mount, loads floppies with mdidfiles, plays back a set - you can even programme 'spaces' between songs to be exactly how long you want them to be.

Message 5/7
20-Feb-01 @ 08:12 PM
jaskim
sounds like a great idea k. If I use a midi merge box, I can play a disk, switch to a drum machine, load another track onto the alesis, etc etc, with no breaks this is what i want.

i am not luddite, quite the opposite, but i can't imagine ever bringing a computer to a party.

Message 6/7
20-Feb-01 @ 11:07 PM
gb
Maybe a rm1x or qy700 would do the trick.

Message 7/7
21-Feb-01 @ 12:01 AM
Jasper
yeah, the rm1x or qy700 is the route I'm taking for live stuff.

Reply to thread

Please log in to post replies: