aaa SX 2 who's got it? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SX 2 who's got it?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/56             27-Nov-03  @  01:12 PM   -   SX 2 who's got it?

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hmmmm very nice

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/56             27-Nov-03  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

k

Link?: Link

wow! - this has to be the best Cubase ever!... Not withstanding bugs to be discovered that is

The FREEZE facility works great, and it's interesting that it doesnt create a new track/part like bounce does

and the jog-wheel!!... heh heh - excellent!

I wonder how SONAR3 fares compared to this.

I imported a few old SX projects and they seem to load fine!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/56             27-Nov-03  @  01:30 PM     Edit: 27-Nov-03  |  01:32 PM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

k

also LOVE the new protocol for SEND fx where they are treated as a channel on the arrange page - excellent!!

and it's not heavey in use either - it's chugging away fine playing some audio & midi tracks & fx on an athlon 1200 with a couple of browsers open on the www via a LAN connection just fine at 10%

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/56             27-Nov-03  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

dARKSTATe

Ask R.A.T, k, he's been using it for a bit....

I know that there's already a 2.0.1 patch update for it, have you applied that?

And as for the jog wheel, whaddya mean? As in Jogwheel functionality with existing "jog/shuttle" controllers like the shuttle pro etc.? Coz I know there was jog/scrub in SX1, but it didn't work with much else other than the mouse

Message 5/56             27-Nov-03  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

k

well i never followed SX1 much beyond checking-out early releases - it was a HUGE improvement on VST tho...... But SX2 is in a world of it's own!.... - more like a pro- video application but tastier to look at than any pro-video app's i've seen...

the jog-wheel is like on a video app' - a wheel with inner and outer wheels and a + / - button in the midde to forward by whatever - I assume although haven't tried it that if one is working by video it will forward by frames - hope so

I'm in love anyways - this is SUPERB! - it's just so perfect... I might come back into the cubase fold to be honest... unless SONAR3.... waiting for NFR...

Message 6/56             27-Nov-03  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

k

phwoooar! - Just imported some video we're working on - the video bit works great...

Message 7/56             27-Nov-03  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

milan

aha? well thats bloody interesting. mebbe i'll īcheck it out then...

Message 8/56             28-Nov-03  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

m

Link?:  No link

Yep I agree, its different than all the previous versions of vst and sx, everything just feels right and works right. no dissapearing windows (arrange stays maximized allways) right click toolbox is back, customizable colour scheme, but to name a few major annoyances of the entire last decade. of course under the hood there is a sh1tload more improvements.

its actualy left me wondering what more is possible in a sequencer it seems perfect in every detail so far. Except...

The expand panel buttons in the inspector are TINY little '+' signs, lucky my eyesight is good.

Well not much to complain about i know but theres always got to be something for us spoilt sods eh?

take care, m

Message 9/56             28-Nov-03  @  02:46 AM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

k

question - how the hell do you now SET TEMPO TO OBJECT - like you set a loop of audio or a audio part/region and it was so easy in the old one to set tempo to that loop

how? ne1?

Message 10/56             28-Nov-03  @  05:17 AM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

Influx

hey..if right click opens the old tool box from VST...how do you process audio etc?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 56 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)