aaa SP2 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SP2

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             12-Aug-04  @  02:32 PM   -   SP2

beds

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

i'm waiting for quite a while before updating.

there's some info on install experiences there ^. not much about audio stuff though.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             12-Aug-04  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: SP2

k

Link?:  Link

good post - wont be adding it myself tho - cant see any advantages

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/13             15-Aug-04  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: SP2

beds

fucking idiots. who pays these people?

Message 4/13             20-Aug-04  @  02:15 PM   -   RE: SP2

craig

I'm runnign SP2 on my laptop and haven't had any problems (yet). I don't plan to run it on my music PC though.

Message 5/13             01-Oct-04  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: SP2

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

A friend installed this and couldn't run a lot of his programmes. He went to a whole load of trouble trying to sort it out and then ended up using sp1 again. sp1 seems fine at the mo.

Message 6/13             30-Nov-04  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: SP2

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Just don't bother!!! If you haven't had any major problems yet then why risk it. At work and at several of our clients offices there have been nothing but problems with SP2. My computer's boot up time just sky rocketed, loads of my programs started to crash regularly and one of our other machines refused to boot to Windows immediately after the install (it even prevented me from using Microsoft's own remote debugging tools in VS.NET!). We've since completely removed it from all machines as have several other companies that I know of.

Message 7/13             01-Dec-04  @  12:23 PM     Edit: 01-Dec-04  |  04:38 PM   -   RE: SP2

k

yeah, Sox had major problems with their college machines - Where SP2 was added they machines just wouldnt even install the soundcards on their P4 machines - He'd be able to tell you more about it, dunno if it was the particular m'board or what

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/13             24-Jan-05  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: SP2

woxy

hey there - - - - i'm about to start building a new music PC - - i guess this advice is still valid? just stick with SP1?

anyone else had problems more recently?

cheers
WOXY

Message 9/13             24-Jan-05  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: SP2

k

I dont even use that!!... there's no need unless there's some component that just HAS to have it to work

Message 10/13             24-Jan-05  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: SP2

milan

i think you should use SP1. i think even some audio stuff needs it, plus i never had any problems with it. as for SP2... stay away from it!

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot