aaa Logic 5.5 is finally falling - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/43             23-Aug-04  @  01:10 PM   -   Logic 5.5 is finally falling

Dominic

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Its getting quite scary now. Native instruments new 3 pack of keyboards (that sound TIGHT) hasn't been tested in PC Logic 5.5 and is unavailable. I haven't really noticed this all too much until now. I bet there is going to be some super soft synth, made by NI that does everything for you and I'll have to convert to Logic on the MAC to be able to use it, :-( Booooooooooooooo!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/43             23-Aug-04  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

beds

Link?:  Link

what new 3 pack?

Message 3/43             23-Aug-04  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

Dominic

The B4 XPRESS, PRO-53 XPRESS and the FM7 XPRESS pack. NI didn't BETA test in Logic for the PC and beause of this, apprentley there are loads of bugs. ie if you try and save a patch in FM7, it crashes. Very upsetting.

Message 4/43             24-Aug-04  @  10:42 AM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

beds

well, i think you heard wrong, coz these versions are so cut down you can't save a patch (you can save it as a logic setting or cubase fxb, fxp)

the only changing you can do is a basic cutoff, res, envelope, fx dry/wet, pan, volume

Message 5/43             24-Aug-04  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

Dominic

Thanks Beds. Yer, I'm not really interested in deep editing as I have Absynth 2 for that. I just want some simple synths with A1 quality sounds for standard patches like chord stabs in the breakdowns.

Message 6/43             26-Aug-04  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

Dominic

Well, I spent my hard earned and am quite pleased with them. Cool sounds, especially the B4 Organ. And more patches to be made available on the NI website. Bit buggy though as FM7 crashes when you change the mod wheel and if you have a chord playing in Logic, the keyboard only visually plays 1 note of that chord which is a bit odd. That's about as far as I've got. Will play more tonight.

Message 7/43             26-Aug-04  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

beds

jeesus. that don't sound too good. is that only logic? i'll ask around again ...

Message 8/43             26-Aug-04  @  06:27 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

beds

indeed it is only logic. it's not that fucking old is it, kinda scummy of them not to bother, but yeah, we're fugged aren't we?

Message 9/43             27-Aug-04  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

Dominic

I'm still in love with and fancy Logic but sometimes I feel like I should sell all my gear and buy Fruity Loops with Reason on a laptop. A lot of kids I know use this and their tunes are good. Not amazing but good. Good enough. Its cool cos I can keep blaming the tools and not the workman!! No, no can't possibley be me, must be my equipment!

Message 10/43             28-Aug-04  @  04:01 AM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

casparproject

Link?: Link

Fuck don't do that man, you'll kill yourself. There's so much more flexibility in
logic than floops. If you're gonna pay for a laptop, buy a mac lappie and stick w
logic. I made the switch from PC to mac six years ago, and I gotta say I'm pretty
f'n happy with it. Do you have anything specific against macs?

Peter

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 43 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot