aaa E-Mu 1812m - wow! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/36             08-Sep-04  @  06:20 PM   -   E-Mu 1812m - wow!

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

tried one today.... video will be up soon.... VERY VERY impressed. Super build quality, loverly mic pre's, bloody brilliant, albeit not a cheap item.... I video'd a short review for those who want to see a bit more than a single promo picture online - wait till you see the thing!!!... beautiful build quality!.... routing is comprehensive using the applet, built-in dsp fx which can be assigned within the s/w host sequencer (however, they are mostly additive delay & reverb type fx, there's no compressors etc) - ADAT i/o on the card for an additional simultaneous 8x8 i/o to go with the onboard 8x8 i/o in analog format - s/pdif. wordclock, smpte & mtc decicated ports on an additional breakout card too - all you need basicaly wether doing video, multimedia or multitracking traditional recording material.

all in all, a great big 10/10 ! - I want one! - video soon... I'll start editing tonight if possible.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/36             10-Sep-04  @  05:38 PM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

k

OK... just rendering the video review - it'll be up later today if you want to see this baby -I have to say this is one amazingly superb system! - The pre-amps are excellent with quality connectors and HUGE range, the converters are the same as Pro-Tools top-end etc... if you're up for an audio I/O system right now and want to stray out of budget territory, check this out, it is SUPERB! - (also can be upgraded to a full blown Emulator-X sampler with a 79 quid upgrade (or buy it with the sampler included from the outset.) - The sampler uses the DSP for processing and system ram/hard-drive for streaming & delivering samples. Emulator-X upgrades includes the 4gb library of E-mu samples!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/36             25-Oct-04  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

Influx

Link?: Link

just to clarify, youre talking about the 1820m, right? not seen an 1812..

and yes...quality stuff from Emu no doubt!

Message 4/36             25-Oct-04  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

k

oh whoops!

sorry yes... wish i could have spent more time with it foir a fuller review of the patching applet

Message 5/36             26-Oct-04  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

Influx

yup...thats almost confusing that aspect of it, but its really well featured tho!

Message 6/36             26-Oct-04  @  02:14 AM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

k

did you get to use it?

Message 7/36             26-Oct-04  @  03:05 AM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

Influx

me? actually..I have the 1212M and only bought it for the EmuX sampler. I have a MOTU 828 and never even really got into the soundcard simply because I had the motu all set up

but, Im selling the MOTU for money reasons so...its gonna be the 1212M from here on out, and Ill have to learn that one inside out

Message 8/36             27-Oct-04  @  06:46 AM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

damballah

yeah, I just popped in a 1212 so I could upgrade to XP so I could upgrade to SX3. (had to also stick in a DVD drive 'cause that's how the SX upgrade came) I'm thinking of springing for the breakout box part once some other shit comes through. currently feeding the ADAT input with an 8 ch. mic pre/ADC but I'm needing more inputs shortly.

Message 9/36             27-Oct-04  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

Influx

the preamps are supposed to be brilliant, and the converters top notch...I guess theyre the same on both "M" versions...?

they shoulda made the breakout rackable tho. kinda odd they didnt

Message 10/36             04-Nov-04  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

Mindspawn

Any further thoughts on this card from anyone? Can one use multiple 1820 cards or no? Also, any thoughts on E-mu's support? They've been a bit dodgy in the past, doing things like dropping a product shortly (comparitively) after releasing it.....

I'm getting set for an upgrade. There's lots of options, the 1820M being one of them, but I'm also giving some consideration to switching platforms, i.e., going to a Mac with Logic for instance.... In any case, I suspect sometime in the next 3 months I'll have to sit down and make some choices..

Toodles

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)