aaa any concerns w/ MOTU 828 II with PC - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: any concerns w/ MOTU 828 II with PC

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16             25-Oct-04  @  12:14 AM   -   any concerns w/ MOTU 828 II with PC      [Link: MARK OF THE UNICORN - 828]

ds.landess

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am interested in MOTU 828 II, but do not see many comments from PC users. I will be running Sonar 4.0 (producer) on a Dell Latitude laptop (2.0 GHz / 512 RAM / SP2 / XP Pro). Any potential compatability concerns?

EYE DOC

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             25-Oct-04  @  09:56 AM   -   RE: any concerns w/ MOTU 828 II with PC

k

Link?:  Link

well, Cakewalk have a full list of 'tested & compatible' cards on their site - is it on the list? - if it's NOT, it doesnt mean it won't work, but they never tested it, so it'd probably be better to go with one that's 'approved' at least.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/16             25-Oct-04  @  03:30 PM   -   RE: any concerns w/ MOTU 828 II with PC

milan

Link?: Link

harrr.... as i happen to have the SoS with the review right in front of me i might as well look it up for you  

hmm... weirdly enough, they say it worked perfect both on laptop and desktop pc's running Win XP, with one tiny problem somewhere which seems to have been the fault of one pc, not the card.

so yeah, looks like this baby works fine with windows.

Message 4/16             25-Oct-04  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: any concerns w/ MOTU 828 II with PC

Influx

been usin one with SX and SX2 for 6 months or so now, NO problems whatsoever. Easy install, awesome sound, great feature set.

the only bitch I have is that the volume defaults to headphones (they share a volume knob, switched by pushing it) which is nothing but a minor annoyance.

that said, Im selling mine, but only because its simply more than I need, and I have an Emu EmulatorX setup (1212M card) also...

Id sell it for $600 if interested

Message 5/16             25-Oct-04  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: any concerns w/ MOTU 828 II with PC

milan

arrarrrararararararar!! why arent you in europe dude, i'd take it off you in a sec since i'm about to spend 500EUR on a lexicon omega, which is lets face not, quite the same as a motu...

Message 6/16             25-Oct-04  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: any concerns w/ MOTU 828 II with PC

Influx

Milan

I can get this to you out there no sweat, and even with shipping I'll bet it would be less. hell, even with taxes!

Message 7/16             26-Oct-04  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: any concerns w/ MOTU 828 II with PC

milan

hmm... lemme think about this  

i'll mail ya

Message 8/16             26-Oct-04  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: any concerns w/ MOTU 828 II with PC

k

that is so weird, i always thought Milan was in the USA... dunno why

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/16             27-Oct-04  @  07:01 AM   -   RE: any concerns w/ MOTU 828 II with PC

psylichon

cause he's stupid?

Message 10/16             27-Oct-04  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: any concerns w/ MOTU 828 II with PC

k

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot