aaa I made a curry - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: I made a curry

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/43             17-Jul-11  @  12:03 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

Mr2Hatman

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

2 dayer well good

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/43             17-Jul-11  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

Mr2Hatman

[image file]

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 3/43             17-Jul-11  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

Mr2Hatman

[image file]

MORE PREP

Message 4/43             17-Jul-11  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

Mr2Hatman

[image file]

Too Spicey?........Never

Message 5/43             17-Jul-11  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

k

File?:  No file

hehe... nuff chillis?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/43             01-Aug-11  @  06:00 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

[image file]

I love hot currys. I love eating them and making them. I'm going through a thai influenced phase at the moment.

This is something I knocked up recently

Message 7/43             01-Aug-11  @  06:01 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

[image file]

finished result. Thai seafood curry.

Message 8/43             01-Aug-11  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

NastyM

Link?:  No link

looks absolutely gorgeous ... a few year ago i got a book by David Thompson "Thai food", it has never failed me yet and would recommend this to anybody ..... as a result I spend almost as long in the kitchen preparing meals as i do messing with music (both accompanied by either wine or ice cold lagers). Half the pleasure is the prep, making your own pastes etc... its amazing how the aromas act as foreplay to the meal. 
Ummmmm fish sauce ..... but still i have never managed to source kafir limes. 

Message 9/43             06-Aug-11  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: I made a curry

oxygene65

I'll have to get a copy of that then.  I must admit, I'm a bit of a bodger/cowboy and dont often follow recipes, and tend to improvise. I just copy bits I see from the TV chefs. I should really perfect the pastes and memorize them, thats half the battle won. I also need a mortar and pestle rather than chucking it all in blender.

I love the whole process of making a dish, especially the shopping for ingredients. I find it very satisfying to go to a butchers or a fishmongers and chatting to them, talking about what I'm gonna cook and listening to their advice, and respecting the meat or fish, knowing where it comes from, appreciating its quality and how best to treat it to make sure I give it the best send off possible. Same with all ingredients.

I get so f*cking sad and frustrated at the fat c*nts in the cheapo supermarkets like Tescos who live on a constant diet of crap and nasty convenience foods.  Or like my parents will buy a chicken from Tesco because it only cost 4p, and I'm like "but what about the taste, the quality, how it was farmed ? doesnt that matter to you ? do all you care about is the fucking price ?"  it really annoys me.

I dont completely boycott supermarkets, I do about 70% of my shopping in my local Waitrose, but for meat, veg and fish I try and get that from the local shops to support them as much as I can. We've already lost our local fishmonger, which is gutting because he was brilliant, the fish at the supermarket is nowhere near as good.

Anyway, as for the Kaffir Lime Leaves, I use these, which are the next best thing I suppose...

http://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Cooks-Ingredients-Kaffir-Lime-Leaves-Waitrose/48885011

Message 10/43             06-Aug-11  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: I made a curry

k

um jock... you are starting to sound very 'ghey', lol

nah that finished curry looks bloody awesome!! Just haven't seen much of this 'domesticated kitchen Jock' before, lol ;)

Btw waitrose meat is damned good for a supermarket tho. i buy waitrose organic meat IF i eat meat (which is rarely). Their organic meatballs are super value and quality. Knock those up in a tomatoe sauce, chuck in a 1/2k packet of petit pois and serve with pasta! yummy! their free-range organic sausages rule too

also waitrose own brand veggie moussaka is excellent too for a packet food. Mind you, there's no local butchers, greengrocers etc in chelsea unless u wanna pay 25 quid for a slice of bacon from some posh butchers in chelsea village. But i dont think you are allowed to purchase from them unless you arrive in a Range-Rover Vogue or Disco 3 with an asian nanny in tow... so waitrose it is.

i been so busy recently desperately trying to finish this next round of logic tutorial videos that i'm livin on falafel wraps lately. There's a load of arabic shops round the corner so i get the flat bread, falafel, yogurt, corriander leaves and some cucumber etc and make veggie wraps, tasty!! for a side dish i get humous and pour tahini into it & mix it all together for that extra seseme hit ;)

i swear tho, when this videos is done i'm gonna have a bloody great 16oz fillet steak!

ooh i tell you what i had the other day - fresh grilled mackerel. I'd forgotten how good a simple grilled mackerel tastes, bloody delicious AND cheap as chips!

so i'm in the supermarket and i say to the fish assistant "Mate, grab that mackerel there and hold it upright by the tail", and he's like "what"? It took me like a minute & a half to explain & get him to do it.

That's how you tell how fresh a mackerel is - hold the bugger by the tail-end so it's head points upwards vertically - the more it droops over the less fresh it is. it should be stiff & firm (oo-er missus!) tip! ...yes i used to work on a fish counter as a saturday job when i was a kiddie *sigh*

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 43 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot