aaa Logic Pro X + Mavericks issues - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic Pro X + Mavericks issues

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             17-Jan-14  @  11:07 AM   -   RE: Logic Pro X + Mavericks issues

TimL

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Re-posting from Youtube post:
Me: Have you or anyone else found bugs in Logic X ? (or maybe Mavericks)  When I record enable on Inst or Aud track the CPU meter starts activity and builds up gradually until it clicks and then distorts every time. Installed FreeMem from app store but still same prob. Thanks in advance

Dancetech: perhaps it's your audio interface make/model? or is this problem reported widely?

Could be my audio interface yes, theres always been a slight noise from monitors, I always assumed thats normal!

But more people are now saying theres known memory problems with Mavericks, and in particular with Logic (X). Also saying best combo is Snow Leopard + Logic 9, which is what I had before upgrade! I had occasional probs with this setup, mainly latency build up after a time, which I would fix by restarting Logic.
Anyone experiencing similar probs?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             17-Jan-14  @  12:15 PM   -   RE: Logic Pro X + Mavericks issues

k

Link?: Link

i get various issues which are fixed by simply restarting logic pro x. Using mountain lion.

issues such as>

Controller graphic gui on the smart-controls mapping display suddenly stopping showing controller movement.

crackling audio which goes away on reboot

what audio interface do you use?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/15             17-Jan-14  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: Logic Pro X + Mavericks issues

TimL

Its a Focusrite Saffire Pro 14..
Is the noise (very faint whistle) anything to worry about and how/where would I get it checked out? ta

Message 4/15             17-Jan-14  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: Logic Pro X + Mavericks issues

k

TimL wrote:

Its a Focusrite Saffire Pro 14..
Is the noise (very faint whistle) anything to worry about and how/where would I get it checked out? ta

well if you render off any audio and they play it on somehting else (not via the focusrite) is the whistle sound on the render? (i doubt it)

otherwise it's just annoying i suppose, but depends how bad it is.

sadly, Focusrite Saffire noise is widely reported, from subtle,  all the way to really bad noise.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/15             17-Jan-14  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: Logic Pro X + Mavericks issues

TimL

k wrote:

well if you render off any audio and they play it on somehting else (not via the focusrite) is the whistle sound on the render? (i doubt it)

otherwise its just annoying i suppose, but depends how bad it is.

sadly, Focusrite Saffire noise is widely reported, from subtle,  all the way to really bad noise.

Ok didn't know that was a Focusrite known issue, I can live with that. I dont think it appears on anything else.
But still have the Logic problem - CPU meter overload/crackling/distortion etc.
Mavericks has been suggested?
Logic X has become virtually unusable now, I could try re-installing it I guess.

Message 6/15             19-Jan-14  @  12:21 AM     Edit: 19-Jan-14  |  12:41 AM   -   RE: Logic Pro X + Mavericks issues

k

Yeah odd one. Some are reporting cpu improvements under mavericks and some reporting it's created problems.

sad really considering apple controls all the s/w and hardware

btw; what is your mac specs?

anyways, perhaps the power saving crap is the culprit? check this out:

http://www.apple.com/uk/osx/advanced-technologies/

"In OS X Mavericks, Timer Coalescing groups low-level operations together, creating tiny periods of idle time that allow your CPU to enter a low-power state more often. With its activity reduced up to 72 per cent, the CPU uses less energy, giving your battery a break too. This happens so fast you won’t notice a thing. And your Mac still gets just as much done just as quickly"

i dont like the sound of THAT!! something that messes with the cpu power/idle state continually!

Message 7/15             19-Jan-14  @  12:39 AM   -   RE: Logic Pro X + Mavericks issues

TimL

3 GHz processor Intel Core Duo
4 GB RAM
I have now also tested Logic:
with no Aggregate device
thro built in audio
and just thro Saffire
Same problem with every scenario!

Message 8/15             19-Jan-14  @  02:34 AM   -   RE: Logic Pro X + Mavericks issues

k

maybe try it with all the power saving stuff turned off?

Message 9/15             19-Jan-14  @  11:17 AM   -   RE: Logic Pro X + Mavericks issues

TimL

I can give it a go - no idea how to do that tho !
System preferences ?

Message 10/15             19-Jan-14  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: Logic Pro X + Mavericks issues

k

i guess. i dont have any mac laptops.

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot