aaa London's burning.. la la la - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: London's burning.. la la la

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 08-Aug-11  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: London's burning.. la la la

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

well we got an anthem  ;)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             15-Aug-11  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: London's burning.. la la la

oxygene65

Link?: Link

well, lets face it, I think everyone in the UK (not sure whether this applies to the US) has been let down by the filth in some shape or form.

I had my car nicked, the rozzers couldnt give a toss, instead I received court summons for parking tickets that the car thiefs racked up whilst illegally parking my car. The coppers were very quicky to jump on my court summons. I even replied to every parking ticket, in writing, informing them my car had been nicked, but still it got escalated and the police came knocking at my door.

My wife had her car nicked, police couldnt give a toss, short on resources. On the same day we saw two cop cars sitting in lay by's hanging around waiting on the off chance that a speeding motorist would go past.

They pick on easy targets, quick hits in order to reach their government set targets. Not only that, but the polices attitude now is too health & safety obsessed. A decade or two ago a policeman would have put himself at risk to resolve a situation, such as dealing with a gang of thugs, or chasing down a mugger..etc..  Theres no way they will do that today because its in breach of health & safety.

This country really is fucked, and I blame the lefty bullshit that has been acting like a fucking cancer for decades. When you get ridiculous situations where street names are being renamed because they may be offensive, or non competitive sports days for kids.

And these human rights people can fuck off too. The moment you infringe on someone elses human rights yours should be kissed goodbye. 

There has to be a middle ground, because the Tory method ends up alienating kids. Surely, after all these years the political parties will actually work together for the good of the country.

Mind you, I dont know if the UK should be rescued. I just read about a disabled wheelchair bound women in Kent who had stones thrown at her, and abused by a group of youths between 8-13 years old. Perhaps we should just build a fucking great wall around the UK, Escape From New York style, and let it fester in its own demise.

Message 12/13             16-Aug-11  @  05:19 AM   -   RE: London's burning.. la la la

sitar

new york city cops tend to be quite good but i know what you mean jock. there's got to be a balance. too many think life is about doing what you can get away with. in the U.S. there's been a far rightwing push to get govt out of everything. at the same time they have their hands out and complain if their potholes are not filled. they've quickly lost their 15 minutes of popularity. they call themselves the tea party. if they want to live somewhere with no government i suggest Somalia is lovely this time of year. 

Message 13/13             16-Aug-11  @  08:06 PM   -   RE: London's burning.. la la la

oxygene65

so what is this "tea party" thing ?  I havent really been following it all, is it just a nutjob offshoot of republicans or something ?

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot