aaa Kawai Q80EX - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Kawai Q80EX

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 22-Aug-02  @  01:17 PM   -   Kawai Q80EX

donda

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

hi,
i have a question, i want to buy myself a kawai
q80ex for live gigs because i dont want to take
my computer on stage....
My question is: can i change patterns during a
live set? i mean, can i change patterns during
the kawai is playing, like i can do this on the
mmt8??
This is important for me, cause i want to
arrange songs live....
happy about all answers....
donda

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             23-Aug-02  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: Kawai Q80EX

nomad

Link?: Link

no prob. i was really hoping you'd figured it out... that's the only reason really i wanted a new sequencer  

anyways, i've seen that before but never saw that part before. i don't think it's what you are looking for... i played a little with song chain, basically it lets you go from one song to the next and get a new group of 32 tracks without stopping the sequencer. but it won't let you scroll through a list of patterns for track 1, while not changing anything else, or anything like that.

i thought the motifs were just like tracks too, but i could be wrong. basically, a motif is sort of like a macro... insert the same melody in 3 different places, then if you want to change it, just edit the motif and all the places where that pattern went change too. somewhat useful but won't help here.

now, i only completed 3 songs in the 2 years i had my q80, so maybe he knows better than me. but i can tell you, if it's possible, it's not easy.

i saw the mam sq16 mentioned though... maybe take a look at it? they should be cheap (esp. used) in germany... i never used one but they look interesting...

Message 12/14             23-Aug-02  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Kawai Q80EX

donda

Link?:  No link

yeah, i got the mam sq16... its ok for drums,
for all other things... forget it. Its a hell to
programm a melodie. Thats why i wamted
another sequencer ;-)

Message 13/14             05-Aug-15  @  01:10 PM   -   Transmiting the data sounds 'bulk' to synthesizer

rivaldolima2004

I have an important question ... how to make the sequencer transmits the sounds I previously chose the synthesizer in multitrack mode? For when I turn off the keyboard and turn again , sequencer data not saved what sounds (programs ) I used before. Only sequences . Thing I do with my Roland MV- 30 , we transmit the bulk dump multi track for the first Rec step after pressing REC , and he gets all the numbers of the sounds that I used , so I press PLAY , it already automatically determines the sounds used for each song ... How can I do this in Q80ex?
Best regards from Brazil 

Message 14/14             01-Dec-15  @  06:18 AM     Edit: 03-Dec-15  |  03:28 AM   -   RE: Kawai Q80EX

joecasesam

Of course you can't,it's very harmful for your kawai!
www.casesam.co.uk
casesam.co.uk

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot