aaa Ext. souncard for stereo mic. records - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Ext. souncard for stereo mic. records

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 28-Jan-05  @  11:28 AM   -   Ext. souncard for stereo mic. records

ippeshev

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hello everibody,

I see you have experience with different soundcards and I'm asking for your advice.
I need external soundcard for my laptop Siemens-Fujitsu 800 MHz for quality vocal recording with 2 micropfones (stereo) with headphone and line-in connectors and to be cheep. I found:
1. M-Audio Transit (24 bit - is it true?, but selfpowered micropfone). Is it realy good and what type of micropfone I should purchase for it?
2. Terratec Aureon 5.1 USB MKII - don't have stereo mic. in (I think)
3. M-Audio MobilePre - 2 XLR and even 1/8'' stereo mic input, but 16-bit and much expensive.
What would you recomend me?
Thank you

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             02-Feb-05  @  04:01 AM   -   RE: Ext. souncard for stereo mic. records

damballah

Link?: Link

I've heard the pres are only so-so. It depends on what sort of fidelity you're expecting, I guess. Maybe the mobilpre would be good enough for you.

Those t-bones look like the right kind of thing -- similar to the mxl's psy mentioned -- have no idea how they sound though and specs won't tell you that. maybe k can tell ya. he auditioned a bunch of t-bones.

Message 12/15             02-Feb-05  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: Ext. souncard for stereo mic. records

k

Link?:  Link

well they are like all these chinese mic's, they sound fine.... there's no great character or anything particularly, but they sound superb for the money as you'd expect

which particular mic's from t-bone were you talking about?

I'd like to try one of their retro 'blueberry' copies with the little diaphragm capsule on top

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/15             02-Feb-05  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: Ext. souncard for stereo mic. records

k

the other one

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/15             02-Feb-05  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: Ext. souncard for stereo mic. records

k

and the RETRO TUBE version

Message 15/15             03-Feb-05  @  09:56 AM   -   RE: Ext. souncard for stereo mic. records

ippeshev

Link?:  No link

This is the stereo set I found:
http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/the_tbone_em800_stereo_set_prodinfo.html?sn=4c347cff4617903eac5757f5c64e4036
I found it from the recomendation that you gave me of Thomann. But I cannot find detail specification of them.

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot