aaa lap w no flop and win xp home ed? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: lap w no flop and win xp home ed?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 20-Feb-04  @  03:04 PM   -   lap w no flop and win xp home ed?

xoxos

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

in the u.s. there are these hp laps going for $700 everywhere.. athlon xp 1.87g, 256m ram, seems like good price.

as a desktop user, i'm daunted by no floppy drive.. what happens on a no flop lap when your os ballses up or something? you have to pay a tech every time, or is there a 'way in' ??

compound this with them having win xp HOME EDITION, which i understand doesn't give you features you get in 98 like control panel (well, fuck me if i could find it - read someone saying 'xp home edition doesn't have "nuts and bolts" functions, only xp pro ed.')

my instinct would just be to reformat for 98se, but then i might not have all the drivers a new lap requires.

what say you?

hmm.. other question -

can you link a lap to a desktop via the usb for file swapping?? :p

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/16             22-Feb-04  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: lap w no flop and win xp home ed?

xoxos

Link?: Link

"address bar," you say... :p

i'm on an anti-yeast diet.. can't eat a fucking thing right now. rode 22 miles of crappy tucson roads to pick the lap up, 11 uphill and w/ headwind.. nothnig in the house except spinach.

~ the appearance of the address bar option eluded my sensibilities  

appreciate it, but have to pass on 'shit..' i wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for coercion. i don't get a charge out of being a 'funny' sound maker.. and getting other people to think/experience/grow shouldn't be my responsibility. amazing what a winning attitude will do for you :p

i'm not fond of people who feel compelled to win at things. very bad sign, esp. for the losers in implicated events. nihil novus sub solam  

Message 12/16             22-Feb-04  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: lap w no flop and win xp home ed?

psylichon

wtf are you on about man? Whatever, just enjoy your new system. Sheesh...

Message 13/16             23-Feb-04  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: lap w no flop and win xp home ed?

k

Link?:  No link

xoxos mate - most HP lappy's have a network connector - you could wire it in like that (or if not on-board, use a pcmcia nic adapter card)

XP has a repair setup and roll-back - really tho you want to use XP PRO

Message 14/16             23-Feb-04  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: lap w no flop and win xp home ed?

xoxos

i think i'm starting to experience some sort of perverse pleasure from seeing you be confused, psylichon..

Message 15/16             23-Feb-04  @  09:45 PM     Edit: 23-Feb-04  |  09:45 PM   -   RE: lap w no flop and win xp home ed?

psylichon

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Glad I can help in more ways than one.

I'll work on caring about your rants if you work on making them less frequently,
deal?

Message 16/16             24-Feb-04  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: lap w no flop and win xp home ed?

xoxos

now if i just said i derive pleasure from your confusion, what sense would it be for me to make an agreement with you, unless i intend to break the agreement with intent to confuse?

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot