aaa MIDI drop out - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: MIDI drop out

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 14-Jun-04  @  07:19 AM   -   MIDI drop out

Garuna

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I run Sonar 3 on a P3 PC. Delta 2x2 card and Midiman.

When I'm working on a loop there is often a drop out of MIDI at the beginning of the loop, meaning all instruments running on MIDI including s/w and h/w go silent. They may then come back in by themselves or when I stop and start the loop. How to fix this?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/16             17-Jun-04  @  03:24 AM   -   RE: MIDI drop out

Garuna

Link?: Link

These "broke" programmers work for companies, who will play any tricks they can to make money globally. This sometimes means even using piracy as a marketing tool.

It's all fair then. I can't get the update because of the registration (untill it is out as a crack ) I'm not complaining. Tell me what software you write and I will make sure I pay full price for it.

Message 12/16             17-Jun-04  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: MIDI drop out

k

Link?:  No link

i thought sonar3 wasnt an update, you have to buy it doncha?

Message 13/16             17-Jun-04  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: MIDI drop out

craig

The 3.11 update is only available for registered users.

I write software for a university, so all my stuff is custom.

Message 14/16             18-Jun-04  @  03:47 AM   -   RE: MIDI drop out

Garuna

I work for a university. The software here is custom too.

So what's the point here? If you sell software in countries that have no copyright laws or traditions, don't expect them to suddenly respect yours and pay full price. Was just reading how Microsoft has finally realized this after 10 years in China. They are no longer cracking down on pirate buyer, only the pirate copy makers.

If a Shell gas station with full service and a resaurant said that they sold real official Arab gas at $1 a gallon, but just down the road there was Old Joe living in a trailer selling smuggled Arab gas at 10 cents a gallon out of a plastic tank ("Jus tryin to make livin'"), where would you stop for gas?

Message 15/16             18-Jun-04  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: MIDI drop out

craig

Sure, but I wouldn't expect Pirate Joe to fix my engine if it died because of bad gas...

Message 16/16             22-Jun-04  @  04:26 AM   -   RE: MIDI drop out

Garuna

Of course not. Which is why I'm here asking the original question, not emailing Microsoft.

Just had a terrible day of constant crashes. Fixed now, but my midi problem now somehow seems inferior.

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)