aaa digital signal into Logic 5.5 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: digital signal into Logic 5.5

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 10-May-05  @  12:36 PM   -   digital signal into Logic 5.5

Dominic

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Anyone know how to get Logic 5.5 to accept and record a digital signal via a delta 410 soundcard. I can set the delta control panel to accept the signal and I can monitor it. However, I can't get the digital signal into Logic Audio Track One and as a result can't record it. I think I've checked all the relevant boxes in the Logic audio hardware settings but I obvoiusly haven't cos it won't route into Logic? Please………………...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/16             13-May-05  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

Dominic

Another question I have………….yeees…………gain knowledge I must.

How would you set up a mastering unit like the Mixmaster?

Do I keep it plumbed across the main sub inserts and have the digital lead go straight into the computer because that way I can still monitor what I'm doing via the Mixmaster?

Or

Just come out of the Mackie main mix into the mixmaster then out of the Mixmaster via the digital lead and monitor back just the stereo L&R Logic channel that I am recording too?

Badly expalined I know but hopefully you understand the dilema.

Message 12/16             13-May-05  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

admin

who makes this 'Mixmaster' ? - i wanna see it's details/spec's etc

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 13/16             13-May-05  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

beds

Link?: Link

Message 14/16             16-May-05  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

Dominic

thanks beds but I actually spoke to them before I posted this and the tech guy told me to come out of the mackie via the +4db XLR outputs, into the mixmaster and then out of the mixmaster analogue outputs into the speakers!!!!! (so I can monitor what I'm doing).

I'm not sure that this is the most convient way hence the question here. Thanks though.

Message 15/16             16-May-05  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

k

Link?:  Link

well the only thing about that is you cant record the output can you then? - i dunno that unit's outs... does it have more than one pair of outs so you could route another pair to record?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/16             16-May-05  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: digital signal into Logic 5.5

Dominic

Well the main output would be the digital output going into the delta 410 digi input. Analogue outputs strictly for monitoring. They'd be no control for the speaker level though. This is getting more confusing by the day.

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot