aaa STAudio Info - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: STAudio Info

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 21-Apr-05  @  08:37 AM     Edit: 21-Apr-05  |  08:37 AM   -   STAudio Info

dARKSTATe

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Folks, just so you know as I only found out yesterday...

STAudio have moved websites so that www.staudio.com is no longer valid...

This website http://www.st-audio.de/ is up however and I believe they've just released V8.4 of the EWDM drivers for the DSP2000/DSP24VE range of cards (Just when we all thought they'd dropped support for it eh?)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/21             22-Apr-05  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: STAudio Info

k

that's probably a matter of numbers tho - the cheap hoonies were big selling cards - i think the problem is the SP2 compatibility innit?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/21             27-Apr-05  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: STAudio Info

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Not really SP2, the problems were around waaaaay before that (for *some* people, that was the oddest thing and I don't think the developers ever found out what...

There was a show stopping blue screen of death issue that just wouldn't go away with the "old" V7 drivers.. and then SX2 came out and they didn't work with that...

..and then ESI stepped in and promised better driver support, the V8 drivers trickled through and admittedly were much better but many of the features (such as multi card support etc.) were ommitted... V8RC4 was a good driver for many (myself included) and then things went really quiet for a year and then some (RC4 was still a "beta") and now this happens...

Its a real shame coz I love mine, great power/features/quality/cost ratio.. and I've just managed to get my hands on another ADC/DAC2000 box taking my I/O tally to 16 (which is niiiice..)

Still, if it ain't broke...

Message 13/21             27-Apr-05  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: STAudio Info

k

mine works fine with SX

??

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/21             28-Apr-05  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: STAudio Info

dARKSTATe

V7 drivers worked fine with SX1 and not with SX2
STA released a rush job V7 driver update to work with SX2 (anyone still using V7 drivers is most likely using this one)
ESI took over and released the V8 drivers, culminating in RC5

Message 15/21             28-Apr-05  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: STAudio Info

k

i'm using and older driver afaik and it works fine with SX2 - hard to check which driver tho cos i'd have to put the card back in to check

Message 16/21             01-Dec-05  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: STAudio Info

woxy

hey guys -

anyone using Cubase SX3.0 with Win XP SP2.0 and the 8.2rc5 drivers??

i'm about to embark on putting my old Carillon machine back together and have to decide whether to use my old Hoontech DSP2000 C-Port or a M-Audio Audiophile 2496 i've been using in my botch-job machine recently. i have to say the Audiophile has been 100% rock solid. i'm only ever going to be recording in from a stereo line-in OR a mono mic - not at the same time - no extra inputs needed.

i'm tempted to use the audiophile.....

whatdyareckon????

cheers
woxy

Message 17/21             01-Dec-05  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: STAudio Info

k

give it a go, what is there to lose?

Message 18/21             01-Dec-05  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: STAudio Info

woxy

half a day?

yup - i'll give it a go

woxyyy

Message 19/21             01-Dec-05  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: STAudio Info

k

heh... blimey, you work slow!

Message 20/21             02-Dec-05  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: STAudio Info

woxy

i normally managed to stuff something up ;-)

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)