aaa Logic Audio Peak Problem - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic Audio Peak Problem

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 24-Sep-05  @  05:09 PM   -   Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hello Can Anyone give me some solutions...

I Got Problem with Logic 5.5...when i'm listening my song, And watch AUDIO PERFORMANCE meter CPU Audio Is Peaking ,But Disc I/0 is Only 5-10% , So What Can I Do To Increase My AUDIO and Not Peaking..

I've Got WIN XP AMD 3500+ With 2GT ram Memory And For souncard i use M-AUDIO FireWire 410

Thanx Foreward

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/27             29-Sep-05  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

k

Link?:  Link

If I Use...Let's Say ,Spectrasonic ATMOSPHERE , BFD & TRILOGY Bass...OK, If I Install Those Programs In Different Hardrives Instead Same Hardrive..Does It Give Me Any Smoothness Whatsoever....

nope - except BFD advises to install on a dedicated partition!... it needs to be around 10-12gb IF you dont plan to add any add-on drum sets such as the 8-bit kit - thats cos it streams samples from the drive (if you use max layering)

Spectrasonic ATMOSPHERE i dont know, i know it has a large library, but i doubt it advises to use a dedicated partition

most synths/sampler just load what they need to ram and that's that

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 22/27             30-Sep-05  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

oK....Thanx

So I May Invest Some Bucks For RAM chip In The Future...'Cause Sometimes I've ´Memory Gettin' Low Messages In My Sceen...And Logic Gave THEM

Message 23/27             30-Sep-05  @  08:01 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

k

heh, yeah logic always does that... say if u use 512mb ram and Kontakt you'll get that loading 2 Kontakts with a fairly beefy set, but windows hogs up ram so whatever... windows XP likes to use all the spare ram it can, so often that message just means logic wants ram for the plugin but windows has hogged it, but when windows is forced to release ram it should make a difference with the 3gb ram u have installed unless you use ludicrous amounts of samples and plugins.

you already got 2gb ram yes?.... so i cant see adding more will help that much unless as i said you use silly amounts of sample players

oh btw make sure you go to control-panel / system / advanced / settings / advanced

and set the processor scheduling to: background services

Logic likes that and can run way up into the cpu meter redline without showing a sync-error message.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 24/27             01-Oct-05  @  05:17 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

Ok..I Did That Control Panel Thing....I Haven't Heard Of That Before...But Now It's Done..Thanx

Yeah I Got 2 GT of Ram In Use...So You Think Adding Another 1Gt Basicly Doesn't Help Me A Lot...So I Can Use That Money For Something Else

Message 25/27             01-Oct-05  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

Ok I Did That Control Panel Thing / ....I Haven't Heard That Before , But Now It's Done...

And I Got 2 Gt Of RAM In Use....So You Think Adding a 1Gt More Doesn't Help Me That Much...So I Better Save That Amouth Of Money For Something Else

Thanx Again

Message 26/27             01-Oct-05  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

k

well check the sample sets you're loading on the local hard drive and add them up in total size... surely you're not loading 2gb of samples right? (mind you mebbe you are) ?

Message 27/27             01-Oct-05  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

beds

Link?: Link

i don't think atmosphere or any of the spectrasonics ones can stream from disk.

i think you're expecting too much from your system, 5 guitar rig and a load of memory hungry sample players isn't gonna happen without some glitches.

if you had only 1 or 2 guitar rig (the one you're recording and maybe one more) and the rest of the guitars bounced then i'd think you should have no problems. i don't think adding memory over 2 gig isn't gonna make much difference if your processor is getting hammered by cpu hungry plugins.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot