aaa what chipset for trance? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: what chipset for trance?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 04-Jul-02  @  04:12 PM   -   what chipset for trance?

milan

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

ok, i´m almost ready to get out of stone ages and get a new pc...

so... i have an Echo Gina20 soundcard. would something like ASUS A7V333 and Athlon xp be ok, or is this a no-no because of Via KT chipset? Echo site says KT133 is ok, but this is a KT333 and i have no idea really... i actually hate pc´s, so please clue me in.

muchos gracias, M.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/39             11-Jul-02  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: what chipset for trance?

milan

Link?: Link

hmm... looks like it   i basicaly wanted a box which was tested by as many as possible, because i didnt want to risk having problems. and since marc dark, influx and others are all very happy with epox, i thought why not do the same. and it was the right decision, apparently...

cheers, M.

Message 22/39             03-Aug-02  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: what chipset for trance?

nEuroTEK

Link?:  No link

i hope you dont think you are just going to be able to buy a pc and be able to magic the trance sound out of a hat it shouldnt matter anyway what pc you have you could make trance on an atari st it only matters what sounds and synths you own unless of course your into soft synths which i disagree with anyway but thats another story

Message 23/39             03-Aug-02  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: what chipset for trance?

influx

it was a joke, late comer

hey milan..so...still good?

I havent had any IRQ probs yet

and Mindspawn..using the RME quite effectively now, super low latency etc, but I havent quite figgered out how to monitor midi through when Im trying to play...you know..THROUGH the soundcard...

but other than that..>SUPER quick install, and not a single problem yet.

got it for $200, too! 

Message 24/39             03-Aug-02  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: what chipset for trance?

damballah

oh yeah! wanna fight about that?

Message 25/39             03-Aug-02  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: what chipset for trance?

damballah

oops, not you, influx, the guy before you.

Message 26/39             03-Aug-02  @  11:58 PM   -   RE: what chipset for trance?

Breakerbox

buying biggest, baddest, fastest pc componenets always cause problems.. I have been doing thesame thing you guys are doing... I probably get the thr 2nd or 3rd cpu i can get.. but for motherboard i get the on thats the most stable... You really dont see too much difference between the cpu speed increase unless the speed is doubled... My 800 mhz duron sucks a big one right now.

Message 27/39             04-Aug-02  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: what chipset for trance?

milan

Influx: its all good. a feeling similar to flying a glider i imagine  

seriously, everything works sweet. i have now had a fully set-up system for a while, and havent had any problems whatsoever. i did dedicate one whole night on seting up irq´s and stuff in bios when i was installing it though.

yet again, many thanks to the first dancetecher who discovered the epox  

cheers, M.

Message 28/39             04-Aug-02  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: what chipset for trance?

Mindspawn

Hey Influx, got any more at that price...?

Message 29/39             05-Aug-02  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: what chipset for trance?

influx

heh. funny but Ive seen about 3 in that range (up to $250) and I let them all go, then finally when I decided for sure i got mine for $250

theres one at ebay right now went up to $300+....sometimes I get lucky

if I do see one I will certainly pass it your way!

Message 30/39             05-Aug-02  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: what chipset for trance?

Mindspawn

Danke, Herr Influx. I'll start watchin' ebay for 'em mesef....

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)