aaa E-Mu 1812m - wow! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 08-Sep-04  @  06:20 PM   -   E-Mu 1812m - wow!

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

tried one today.... video will be up soon.... VERY VERY impressed. Super build quality, loverly mic pre's, bloody brilliant, albeit not a cheap item.... I video'd a short review for those who want to see a bit more than a single promo picture online - wait till you see the thing!!!... beautiful build quality!.... routing is comprehensive using the applet, built-in dsp fx which can be assigned within the s/w host sequencer (however, they are mostly additive delay & reverb type fx, there's no compressors etc) - ADAT i/o on the card for an additional simultaneous 8x8 i/o to go with the onboard 8x8 i/o in analog format - s/pdif. wordclock, smpte & mtc decicated ports on an additional breakout card too - all you need basicaly wether doing video, multimedia or multitracking traditional recording material.

all in all, a great big 10/10 ! - I want one! - video soon... I'll start editing tonight if possible.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/36             21-Apr-05  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

k

oddly it was also doing it the other day recording single audio vocal overdubs... weird  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 32/36             27-Apr-05  @  01:30 PM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

k

hmm... just had some time to try this with SX.... works fine with SX, there's no delay when you go to record. It's instant as it should be, so dammit this is a logic (5.5 pc) & e-mu issue, rats!!

Message 33/36             04-Apr-06  @  03:44 AM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

damballah

Link?: Link

OK, it's been, what, a little over a year and this fucker took a big ol' shit on me.

dead dead dead.

lurvely.

Message 34/36             04-Apr-06  @  03:08 PM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

k

no way! blimey, I hope mine will be ok! - does the card show up in the PC system, or is the actual card dead or the breakout unit?

Message 35/36             05-Apr-06  @  05:25 AM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

damballah

Link?: Link

it seems like the card. trying to sort it out here. i've had issues with the breakout, which emu claims is power supply related -- if the psu doesn't deliver enough juice, the breakout doesn't do it's whole reset routine and all the lights on the front light up. but I've switched to the 1212 daughter card and not getting any sound from that I/O either and I'm about to try the ADAT and spdifs. emu's advice: download the latest drivers and patchmix app. hey, just cause mine went tits up doesn't mean yours will.

Message 36/36             05-Apr-06  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: E-Mu 1812m - wow!

k

true, yeah, when i first used the 1820m I assumed the power lead was only required if one used the firewire port.... nope!... it needs that 12v connection

overall i'm happy with it as a standalone device. The fx I don't really have any use for cos of the latency correction hassles rather than quality.... the sound is nice, not hugely different to decent budget stereo cards, but yes, it's nice & defined... not the best drivers tho that's for sure. Sometimes for no good reason and totaly randomly, the pc using it will suddenly reset... otherwise it's ok, apart from this delay when you hit record which I STILL cant find a fix for.. other people I have seen online use it with Logic PC and there's no delay before record starts, on mine there's a 20 second delay after you hit record before the song starts to play/record.... odd

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot