aaa Studio cable storage - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Studio cable storage

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             28-Aug-03  @  02:20 PM   -   Studio cable storage

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Just putting the new studio room together, and was wondering what solutions ppl had found for storing spare cables, but having them easily accessible for use if required?

Was thinking of attaching several door/wall coat racks to the inside of the storage cupboard in the studio room, then just hanging spare cables from that?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             28-Aug-03  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: Studio cable storage

mcc>

Link?:  No link

something to that degree is probably best. a simple series of 1"x 2" doug-fir with some sturdy 3" drywall screws makes for a fast set-up. if you got time and are handy....dowel rods are good. i recently tried getting em out of sight and put them in my filing cabinet and it sucks when i need to search a particular cable. hanging em is always best.

Message 3/8             28-Aug-03  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: Studio cable storage

GrooveMonkey

Yup, coat hooks in an alcove behind my studio door. Easy to do and no more poxy tangled piles of cables!

G

Message 4/8             28-Aug-03  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: Studio cable storage

beds

Link?:  Link

coat hooks on the back of the door.

Message 5/8             28-Aug-03  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: Studio cable storage

dARKSTATe

Agreed, coat hooks it is...

Studio area is smaller than my last place, but coz its mine I can make much better use of the space! The thing is a damn sight more ergonomic than it was.. my only regret is I got less space to put James' VDrums rig when he comes to practise.. might have to start thinking about hiring proper rehersal rooms for those sessions.. :-|

Message 6/8             28-Aug-03  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Studio cable storage

R.A.T.

Link?:  No link

YOu can get nice folding double stick tea towell holders for the kitchen, they attach nicly to a door/wall and rotate in or our by 180 degrees for putting nicely out of the way.

Message 7/8             28-Aug-03  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: Studio cable storage

queasy00

Link?:  Link

coat hangers?.. convert that closet space!

-j

Message 8/8             28-Aug-03  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: Studio cable storage

PlazIdyllic Pleazurkraft

I've used peg board in the past, very easy to mount on the wall - just a few spacer around the perimeter and screws. The great thing about it is there are a variety of different types of pegs, you can rearrange them whenever you need AND its all very inexpensive for the amount of utility.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)