aaa Multiple Soundcards Under Windows? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Multiple Soundcards Under Windows?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             24-Feb-98  @  12:11 AM   -   Multiple Soundcards Under Windows?

DJBOOBOOKITTY

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anybody actually get 2 soundcards to work simultaneously under windows 95? I've got two in there, but I get lots of crashes when trying to use volume control, etc.

If anybody has done it, I'd love to hear.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             24-Feb-98  @  01:30 PM   -   RE: Multiple Soundcards Under Windows?

JasonRebello

Ive got a turtle beach tahiti and a soundblaster AWE32
and I often use the midi from the soundblaster and the audio from the turtle beach and it works ok. (although it does hang occasionally).

regards

Jason

Message 3/7             24-Feb-98  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Multiple Soundcards Under Windows?

kilo

I gotta DAL digital card, and a tahiti...... no problems....

Message 4/7             24-Feb-98  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: Multiple Soundcards Under Windows?

kilo

it's a good idea to use/allocate the 2 lowest IRQ's for the cards.... IRQ 5 & 6 that would be (as the mouse usually gets number 3.... the dal card grabs 5 & 6..one for record, and one fer playback..... the Tahait is at 9 on my system....

Message 5/7             27-Feb-98  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: Multiple Soundcards Under Windows?

djboobookitty

thanks folks. I've got the irqs allocated right, no conflicts. It's just that damn windows95 control panel and mixer that can't deal.

Now that I know you cats can do it, I'll play with it more.

Later...

Message 6/7             04-Mar-98  @  01:30 PM   -   Try Pci soundcards

dpalmer6

I've just bought a Pci soundcard for £100 that does full duplex 48khz. It is installed with an awe 64g so now i get full sample/midi & full duplex da in Vst. for about £210. The quality is pretty good and record playback is at least as clean as most synths. Am I missing something? what else would i get with a £400 audio card plus outboard sampler? (except better filters) please reply to my email address. Darren.

Message 7/7             05-Mar-98  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: Multiple Soundcards Under Windows?

kilo

well, we'll have to wait for the EWS ED!SON before we can really evaluate the main up & coming contender .....

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot