aaa No Sound From My Computer??? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: No Sound From My Computer???

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             26-Feb-98  @  08:01 PM   -   No Sound From My Computer???

darlenep

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

OK... my computer won't make any noises. Not even
a beep when I turn it on and off.

I don't have a sound card, so I don't expect it to
do much. But shouldn't there be some kind of built-in device that at least makes it beep?

It's driving me crazy. Can anyone help?

Sorry if this is totally the wrong place to ask, I just thought someone might be able to help me out with this mystery.

Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             27-Feb-98  @  07:12 AM   -   RE: No Sound From My Computer???

acid cat

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Darlene,
PC's have an inbuilt speaker which, if installed correctly, should be connected to and powered by your motherboard. Surprisingly a lot of PC manufacturers are too lazy to perform the simple task of plugging the speaker lead in to the motherboard, or it may have become loose. It is also possible that the speaker is faulty. Check your motherboard manual for the location of your speaker power input...it plugs into a two pin male connecter usually located on one of the corners of your MB. Its in the same place as the LED cords for your reset button and HDD activity light, if that helps. If youre not used to tinkering around inside your PC, take it back to the manufacturer to connect the speaker properly and check if the speaker is working.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot