aaa Liam Howlett talks about Reason - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/24             17-Dec-03  @  05:41 PM     Edit: 17-Dec-03  |  05:46 PM   -   Liam Howlett talks about Reason

digital rust

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Propellheads Interview

couldn't make the direct link work, but it's the first article on the propellerheads
site. i found this pretty interesting to read. he gushes
about how reason changed his life.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/24             17-Dec-03  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

Stuff

intresting, wonder how the new stuff will sound like... from the man who only was satisfied with kickdrums sampled on an old SP-1200.

Message 3/24             25-Dec-03  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

mcc>

order more refills now!

Message 4/24             25-Dec-03  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

RagnarOk

Liam Howlett my ass.
Real men use 2'' tape to record and razorblade to edit. And real analog gear, not software, dammit!

Message 5/24             25-Dec-03  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

mcc>

rags...you been pulling my leg again lately!?!?!

so what do i do?
just throw this thing in my wastebasket?
or do i give it to some charity drive?

i mean it's not TOTALLY worthless is it?

Message 6/24             25-Dec-03  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

RagnarOk

Hell, this Liam guy is sort of worthless for sure, hasn't made shit for 6 years and now someone shows him that he can run other things than Tomb Raider on his laptop computer...

I mean, he couldn't have been trying too hard if he didn't know what reason is hmmm?

Message 7/24             25-Dec-03  @  10:06 PM     Edit: 25-Dec-03  |  10:18 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

RagnarOk

Sure, I was pulling your leg with that analog fetisism, I always wanted to try how it feels

About this charity / wastebasket issue... seriously, I wouldn't give reason away, its filters might step and some ppl might say its a toy, but hey, I like making music with this "toy". Apparently, LH does the same, and it seems that his reasons are quite similar to my reasons...

.. or what?

Message 8/24             26-Dec-03  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

mcc>

oh fook ragz...it's a TOY!!!?!!!????!?!??

i love toys!!!!!!!

just say so next time!!!!

(digging thru the trash.....)

Message 9/24             20-Jan-04  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

BluStudio

still, to make 'experience' on 1 lil keyboard with 16 secs of sampling time- now thats surely a bit special no?

prolly really uncool, but i reckon the guys ok

blu

Message 10/24             21-Jan-04  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

mailiam

Link?:  No link

have you heard 'experience'? cant be just 16 secs! hes lying

Message 11/24             21-Jan-04  @  12:10 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

Rags

Liar Howlett

Message 12/24             21-Jan-04  @  03:06 PM     Edit: 21-Jan-04  |  03:06 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

BluStudio

yeah ive heard it, got a lot the 12's from years back too- man that was agreat album. but, i duno, i dont see why it isnt strictly possible tpo do a track at a time with that, obviously with a keen persistance and talent- i actually thought experience was done with 2 of em - woooh, 32 secs of sampling

blu

Message 13/24             21-Jan-04  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

RagnarOk

Yeah, why not, I've seen people do crazy stuff with 1 MB sampling ram and nothing else...

Message 14/24             19-Feb-04  @  05:15 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

the_dr38

Hi, ive recently been using Reason 2 but now when i try and open it, it says "Cannot open rewire2 system". And just exits. When it did it before, I reinstalled it and it was fine but now it's having none of it. Any ideas please??? Thanks  

Message 15/24             19-Feb-04  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

joon

you better ask liam howlett

Message 16/24             19-Feb-04  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

the_dr38

Any ideas Mr Howlett?

Message 17/24             20-Feb-04  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

Liar Howlett

Did you install anything recently? Logic, Cubase, Ableton Live? Because those apps might had put a rewire.dll in your /windows/system folder, overwriting the previous one (the one came with reason).

Message 18/24             20-Feb-04  @  02:15 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

the_dr38

Yeah I installed reason sx 2. I cant delete this and dont really understand regedit etc.

Message 19/24             20-Feb-04  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

the_dr38

I was supposed to say cubase sx 2 in that last version.Anyway I managed to delete everything to do with al of the cubases and it still doesnt work. I cant understand bcos it worked fine b4. Really p***ing me off now!!!

Message 20/24             20-Feb-04  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

Avid Reader

I heard that brian eno recorded "music for airports" from a synth.

Message 21/24             21-Feb-04  @  03:08 AM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

the_dr38

Yeah, me too.

Message 22/24             22-Feb-04  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

mcc>

into an actual tape-recorder.

Message 23/24             25-Feb-04  @  10:19 PM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

Johnny.peebles

im sure he made "experience" with 4 samplers,
if u look at the back of the album im sure it says that......
or maybe it was one of his 12" records. canny mind.

say wot ya like about them but botom line is there were responsable for some big tunes and some wicked breakbeats.

PoLo

Message 24/24             26-Feb-04  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: Liam Howlett talks about Reason

BJT

DR38, mebe open a new thread.

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot