aaa turn table question - Deejay & deejay kit forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: turn table question

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             13-Feb-04  @  03:14 AM   -   turn table question

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello-

Question: What are outputs like on Turntables? Lets just say I'd want to run only one Turntable- could I connect the outputs into my production mixer and listen through Logic? Are they just simple RCA...1/4th in...etc? Or do I need something else besides the turntable itself?

Thanks~

Andrew

PS: This is what I'm thinking about. Excuse the reason why I want 1-

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040212190502068050248057506055/g=dj/search/detail/base_pid/801074/

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             13-Feb-04  @  07:09 AM   -   RE: turn table question

psylichon

Link?: Link

No, it will sound quite crap. Vinyls, when mastered, are processed through a pretty extreme EQ settings known as the "RIAA curve" (or NAB or something, whatever, talking out my ass)... but basically it boosts the highs and sucks out the lows, and all these are then put back later through a reciprocal EQ on playback. That's what makes a "phono" preamp different than a regular one. And that's why your tape/CD deck sounded like crap if you ever tried to put it into the phono jack on your stereo.

Anyway, you could theoretically apply this curve yourself after it's already in the computer, but it will probably not give as good result as applying it in the analog world.

Message 3/3             14-Feb-04  @  12:32 AM     Edit: 14-Feb-04  |  12:44 AM   -   RE: turn table question

BluStudio

Link?: Link

try picking up a cheapo 20 squid mixer to bump and ground the signal from the tt's andrew

I normally go - 1200's thru TechnicsSHDJ1200 mixer thru Mackie1202vlz tape inputs thru digi002 into comp

also, i see they come with 500 stylus, if your wanting to be recording stuff for sampling beats and chopping samples etc. then stanton also do higher-fi range of carts/stylus with better freq response etc, quite cheap from that page actually- 500s are good standard carts tho.

blu

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot