aaa Logic 5 access virus - automation - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic 5 access virus - automation

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             26-Feb-04  @  01:21 PM   -   Logic 5 access virus - automation      [Link: GLEETCHPLUG - D-Rive]

jamesb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Can anyone give me instructions on how to
use the automation in logic with my access virus.

Setup detials much apreciated

Cheers

JB

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             26-Feb-04  @  06:09 PM   -   RE: Logic 5 access virus - automation

Steve Roughley

What version Virus is it? If it is a C, you can get hold of my environment layers from the downloads section of this site in the logic forum. I've used the logic Environment to recreate the Virus in Logic for automation purposes.

Although, I think if you dowload the version from the access site here, the zip file contains all the instructions for setting the layers up and using them etc.

If you have any problems, let me know.

Steve.

Message 3/10             26-Feb-04  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: Logic 5 access virus - automation

milan

Link?: Link

yeah... but cant you just press record on a midi track and then twiddle some knobs? :/

Message 4/10             26-Feb-04  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: Logic 5 access virus - automation

Steve Roughley

Can you? I've never actually done that before (Logic is soooo damned intense with its MIDI functions that I imagine even after three years I have only scratched the surface). So, would you then use the demix functions, as you pointed out in that other post (can't remember which one), to separate the various controller messages? Can you use a similar technique for sending controller messages?

Sorry for the blast of questions Milan. I just get a little over excited at new (useful) logic functions.

Steve.

Message 5/10             26-Feb-04  @  10:37 PM   -   RE: Logic 5 access virus - automation

milan

Link?: Link

huh? no... you'd see them in separate lanes in the hyper editor (ctrl+5 on pc), which tho admitedly is not the prettiest editor still shows you all your midi data, just select which parameter you want to view (and add a new lane for each parameter you want to view simultaneously).

Message 6/10             27-Feb-04  @  08:40 AM   -   RE: Logic 5 access virus - automation

Steve Roughley

Aahh, the Hyper Editor. I thought you mean that it would record the new-version-automation data. I'm with you now.

Steve.

Message 7/10             27-Feb-04  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: Logic 5 access virus - automation

k

surely you just hit redord, twiddle, the zoom the track IN depth wise and press F3 repeatedly to cycle round the controller data which you can edit if required

Message 8/10             27-Feb-04  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: Logic 5 access virus - automation

k

mind you, with an environment setup (the downloadable one), you can control the virus from Logic using s/w knobs/faders on the environment layer, or re-map those s/w controllers to different IN controller sources if required

Message 9/10             01-Mar-04  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: Logic 5 access virus - automation

x

WHEN I FIRST GOT LOGIC (albeit 4) i spent ~a week replicating my h/w in te environments.. biggest waste of time ever. ditto on the press record..

..which can lead to some crazy results if you press a lot of buttons on a dx100..

Message 10/10             01-Mar-04  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: Logic 5 access virus - automation

x

one more thing.. you got a line on logic 5 plat?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)