aaa Tell me about your sound card... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Tell me about your sound card...

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             17-Mar-04  @  05:59 PM   -   Tell me about your sound card...

jeffy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I looking for a sound card for my Dell. I have a pentium 4, and 512mb of memory, with windows xp pro. I plan to purchase Cubase or something similar to sequence and record digital audio. I like the asthetics of a hardware mutitrack tape studio, but I want a nice digital studio as well, thus I want mutiple ins and outs. I also want to be able to generate effects and analoge sounds (or something very close) with minimal crashing. I grew up on MIDI and want to keep sequencing, so I'm looking or MIDI connections as well. Most of the music I make is electornic based crap, but I want to run samples from my computer while controlling a couple of synths and a drum machine. At the same time I'd like to be able record a few live tracks at the same time. I'm looking at an Emu 1820 and I think is looks decent, but want some second opinions. Its about 400 dollars and wouldn't want to spend much more than 500. Do any of you have any suggestions?

Thanks Jeffy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)