aaa M-Audio audiophile with Cub V5 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: M-Audio audiophile with Cub V5

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             21-Mar-04  @  03:17 PM   -   M-Audio audiophile with Cub V5

Rudi VonStarnberg

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am thinking of upgrading to an M audio 2496 audiophile. I've got a PC with a 500Mhz PIII and the supplied, very low powered soundcard

Run Cubase v5, FM7, Battery, ReBirth and Albino mostly.

Looking for low latency, good quality and above all STABILITY!!!

Also, will Musicmatch, which I use to play MP3 s, play througfh the Audiophile without havving to fart about changing sampling rates or anything else like that.
Is the whole thing easy to set up, or do I need a Professorship in Music Technology to get it all going???

Any problems to anticipate with clashes with the old soundcard also??

Any help much appreciated.

VonStarnberg

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             25-Mar-04  @  11:18 PM   -   RE: M-Audio audiophile with Cub V5

k

Link?:  Link

dont keeo the old soundcard, dump it. the audiophile is fine, you might also check the hoontech dsp24/96 value + package cos it's got multimedia drivers/outs and asio drivers/outs - so you can assign one set of outs for the pc windows audio and one set (the 'better' ins/outs with gold-plated phonos) for your music sequencer use.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             25-Mar-04  @  11:32 PM   -   RE: M-Audio audiophile with Cub V5

Rudi VonStarnberg

K,

Thanks. I am going for the Audiophile. It seems to have got some great reviews. My current PC does not have a separate soundcard, it is sort of embedded in the motherboard and can't be physically removed. Any idea how I disable it.

Thanks for the reply,

VonStarnberg

Message 4/4             26-Mar-04  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: M-Audio audiophile with Cub V5

k

yup - have you ever accessed your computers BIOS?

You gotta enter the bios, and find the ONBOARD SOUND - and disable it.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)