aaa fruityloops -> flstudio - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: fruityloops -> flstudio

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             14-Jun-04  @  02:07 AM   -   fruityloops -> flstudio

woxy

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hey there -

now.... i may be being a bit thick here but......

i have always been a very happy user of fruityloops. it bloody rocks. my rhythms seem to just magically appear in seconds. i love it.

so - i've just upgraded to fl studio 4.5.2 - and when i open up my many many cubase 5.1r4 arrangements it can't find the fruityloops VSTi (obviously cos i've uninstalled it to put fl studio on the system) - - - so my question is....

is there some trick to making cubase recognise fl studio VSTi instead of fruity loops VSTi - - - - - i never used to save the individual fruityloops projects because Cubase would just do that for me within each *.all Cubase song file.

any quick fixes before i embark upon a rather large conversion mission????

cheers
woxy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             14-Jun-04  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: fruityloops -> flstudio

sox

Link?:  Link

Same thing after we upgraded here. All my old VST songs wouldn't recognise the new FL.
I had to reinstall the old version, save the FL song file from VST and then reload it into the new VSTi FL. Only way I could figure out how to do it.

sox

Message 3/11             16-Jun-04  @  01:01 AM   -   RE: fruityloops -> flstudio

woxy

okey dokey - - thanks sox - - - - do you know if its safe {registry wise} to have fruity loops and fruity studio installed at the same time on WIN XP??

just setup my new system for XP and i really don't want to balls it up!!

cheers
WOXY

Message 4/11             16-Jun-04  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: fruityloops -> flstudio

sox

It appears to run fine. They install in separate folders which keeps things clean. If you got the HD space you could probably keep both on there....

sox

Message 5/11             18-Jun-04  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: fruityloops -> flstudio

erinmcg

Link?:  No link

Hey, I've got fruityloops 3, and there are a couple of things I can't figure out. For example, how do you sustain a note?! I can't figure it out! If anyone knows how to hold out a single note, e-mail me at erinmcg@uga.edu

Message 6/11             21-Jun-04  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: fruityloops -> flstudio

sox

Set up and save marker (or "loop") points in your sound via a hard disk editor (Sound Forge, Audition, WaveLab etc) and then, in FL's Channel Settings window, make sure "Use Loop Points" is checked and bingo.....

Tune in next week for " Now its sustaining, How do I shut it off?".......lol

sox

Message 7/11             21-Jun-04  @  09:45 PM   -   RE: fruityloops -> flstudio

k

lol - nice one Centurian!

Message 8/11             21-Jun-04  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: fruityloops -> flstudio

woxy

getting back to the original post - - - - just to let you know that Fruity Loops and Fruity Studio are now both happily installed on my XP machine and running in Cubase 5.1r4 happily next to one another - - - no conflicts - - - just lovely clonking beats

phew!

cheers
WOXY

Message 9/11             24-Jun-04  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: fruityloops -> flstudio

joe sparks

I have heard nothing but good things about FL studio. How do you guys find it compares to other sequencers/Logic 5.5 that I use?

1. How are the effects?

2. Can you swing/groove individual hits?

3. Does it play WAV's

4. Can you use samples?

5. Filters sound good?

6. Comprehensive modulation section?

7. Supports native instruments VSTi's?

Message 10/11             26-Jun-04  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: fruityloops -> flstudio

woxy

hi joe -

1. How are the effects?

- basic but useful

2. Can you swing/groove individual hits?

yup

3. Does it play WAV's

yup

4. Can you use samples?

yup

5. Filters sound good?

er... they are pretty basic

6. Comprehensive modulation section?

not sure i've only got the basic FL Studio version

7. Supports native instruments VSTi's?

i guess yes - but i much prefer using CUBASE to hold the whole song together and using just Fruity Loops for my beats and maybe sometimes a bit of cheeky sample hit firing

its versatile and i love it for what it does but it doesn't really compete on the same level as cubase/logic et al in my opinion

have fun!
WOXY

Message 11/11             30-Jun-04  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: fruityloops -> flstudio

joe sparks

Hi Woxy

Cheers for the post. Its just that I've heard some cracking tunes made on FL studio and there are websites like future producers and spin warp that seem to be dedicated to FL. They all talk about functions that seem to magically make a groove work. Cyclic function or something....?

Anyway the dark garage tunes, dubstep and stuff made on FL sounds wicked to me anyway. Do you get drum sounds included or are they all using Reason through FL?

Anyway, the tunes are the most important part and as I've said, they sound excellent.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)