aaa recorded notes in sx 2 appear late? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: recorded notes in sx 2 appear late?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             18-Jun-04  @  04:13 AM   -   recorded notes in sx 2 appear late?

seantyas

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

really strange, just curious if anyone has had this problem....

say i turn on record, listen to my 2 bar precount then play as normal, and think i have played something perfectly, i open up my midi part, and the notes appear over 2 bars late....

im not exactly sure why it would do this at all...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             18-Jun-04  @  09:25 AM   -   RE: recorded notes in sx 2 appear late?

dARKSTATe

Hmm.. had a friend with this problem, they used SX with an STAudio DSP2000. Apparently, there's a fix in SX 2.2 that allows you to "USE SYSTEM TIMESTAMP" which might fix the problem (apparently *some* midi drivers expose a timing problem with SXs own midi timestamp) - I use a DSP2000 myself and have never had this problem so I don't know why my friend is - still it might help you.

Message 3/9             18-Jun-04  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: recorded notes in sx 2 appear late?

seantyas

for decent example of what is happening,
http://www.seantyasmusic.com/latemidi.cpr

the first note here SHOULD occur right at the downbeat, it is where cubase lights up that midi is received... so i would think that should be where it is placed, but you will see its about a beat late here.

i suppose i can try 2.2, but isnt a .2 fix a little late for a serious issue like incorrect midi note placement??

Message 4/9             19-Jun-04  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: recorded notes in sx 2 appear late?

0dB

Link?:  No link

Had a similar problem myself with either VST5, SX1 or both (can't remember) before I bought my Steinberg USB 8x8 Midi (which is rock solid on timing) and was using a MIDI Sport USB.

Are you using a multiport MIDI device ?

I found that some of these devices require MIDI clock sent to all ports in the Sync setup of Cubase in order to have good timing - and others require that you only send it to one port (often port 1) and it passes it to all ports itself.

It's worth trying either option and see if it helps. I found it improved the MIDI Sports timing lots.

Good luck.

Message 5/9             19-Jun-04  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: recorded notes in sx 2 appear late?

seantyas

its a usb oxygen 8 keyboard so no interface here, but i know cubase GETS the notes on time, its just a matter of where they are gettin placed.... way too late

Message 6/9             19-Jun-04  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: recorded notes in sx 2 appear late?

influx

Link?:  Link

sean, this sort of thing should really be posted at cubase.net

Ive seen it mentioned there more than once. Never read the responses because it didnt pertain to me

Id do a search first, out of courtesy, but theres plenty of info on it.

hope you get it worked out!

Message 7/9             19-Jun-04  @  01:47 AM   -   RE: recorded notes in sx 2 appear late?

seantyas

oddly enuff, worked this one out by just changing how i had the oxygen hooked up....

usb caused a problem, i have it hooke dup now via midi and works great

Message 8/9             01-Jul-04  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: recorded notes in sx 2 appear late?

Lloyd Duddley

Yep had exactly the same problem in VST. U play it in almost perfect and it comes out late. Even when u quantise it it quantises it to the next beat. Strange. Sad also because I've now resorted to inputting notation manually

Message 9/9             03-Jul-04  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: recorded notes in sx 2 appear late?

k

are you also both NOT using Win XP? (Lloyd & Sean)

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot