aaa RM1X slaving Nuendo?? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: RM1X slaving Nuendo??

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             19-Jul-04  @  06:51 AM   -   RM1X slaving Nuendo??

component_1

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi all. I've been trying to get my RM1x to slave Nuendo or at least get it to trigger
the start and stop. I've figured out how to set any knob or key on my Remote25
Audio to trigger start on the transport buy setting it up in the Generic Remote
section, but I can't seem to get it to work with the RM1x. The RM1X is hands
down my favorite sequencer for making patterns. In fact I'd go so far to say it's big
part of how I make my music. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly
GREATLY appreciated.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             19-Jul-04  @  07:50 AM   -   RE: RM1X slaving Nuendo??

influx`

Link?:  No link

youd have to set the RM to send MMC, which Im not sure it does

and then of course setup Nuendo to respond to it

Message 3/9             19-Jul-04  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: RM1X slaving Nuendo??

psylichon

well, you'd need MIDI Machine Control (MMC) for transport start and stop, but if you leave Nuendo online in sync mode and send it MIDI Timecode (MTC...which any sequencer should be able to do) it should lock up and locate to the point in the song that you're at. You'll just have to be mindful to set up Nuendo correctly (which I can't help ya with cause I don't use it... but basically you'll have to tell it to look for MTC on a specific port and set the session start time accordingly)

Message 4/9             19-Jul-04  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: RM1X slaving Nuendo??

psylichon

I should say that MTC with most interfaces by itself, without any wordclock, is usually pretty crap for syncing up audio files playing in a DAW. At least, I've never gotten it to work properly. Audio slips and slides all over the place trying to stay locked. Better to slave the RMX to Nuendo, at least once you're done composing to start post production and mixing.

Message 5/9             19-Jul-04  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: RM1X slaving Nuendo??

craig

I had good luck with MTC from Cakewalk to my old Emu Darwin...

One note about the RM - it only really syncs/slaves well in song mode, so forget about running patterns while the PC syncs to your RM1X.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I compose on RM1X and arrange/record on the PC so maybe I can offer some help?

Message 6/9             20-Jul-04  @  12:20 AM     Edit: 20-Jul-04  |  12:21 AM   -   RE: RM1X slaving Nuendo??

psylichon

i would imagine a dedicated recorder like a darwin would slave better, but running a PC DAW as a slave using a USB or serial MIDI interface has never been stable enough, in my experience. In fact, trying to slave my old Sonar 1.0 setup with a 2" machine via a MOTU Midiexpress was a humorous lesson in futility. Most computer DAW's like to be master.

Message 7/9             20-Jul-04  @  04:26 AM   -   RE: RM1X slaving Nuendo??

influx

Link?:  Link

oh yeah...I dont even know if Nuendo WILL slave!

not to midi it wont. or at least SX wont

Message 8/9             21-Jul-04  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: RM1X slaving Nuendo??

Mink

Link?:  No link

Sorry I haven't been able to respond sooner. I've been working the happy 12 hour days lately. Shit, no the RM1X doesn't send MTC. In fact Yamaha has a whole different device that they suggest you buy for sending and receiving MTC. It does however it does send MMC which (probably unsuccessfully) I have tried to set up in the Generic Remote section. Influx- have you got the newest upgrade for SX? It seemed to solved a lot of my problems. Man, I hope you have. Something may be figured out. I use to uses SX and SX and Nuendo are pretty much the same thing under the hood. The RM1X sinks perfectly with Logic. START, STOP, everything. Problem is, Logic is harder than to set up for CC via external midi controller. Nuendo and SX on the other hand are a knob tweakers heaven. What I trying to accomplish is, well, to get my RM1X to slave Nuendo. I do a lot of step and the RM1X excels at step. I pretty much have been using Yamaha sequencers for the past 10 years starting with the QY20 (same guy that made the RM1X). For me it is fast and intuitive. Kind of like blinking. Just to do a closed high hat on every 8th note in a 4 measure loop is to laborious of a task to preform on a lot of these computer sequencers. Thank you all for your your. I need it. It's been a FUCKING HEADACHE for the past few months.

Message 9/9             21-Jul-04  @  05:16 AM   -   RE: RM1X slaving Nuendo??

component_1

Um yeah, Mink = component_1

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)