aaa new track-file system - problems - Site bugs & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Site bugs & feedback

Subject: new track-file system - problems

Viewing all 39 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/39             12-Aug-04  @  11:21 AM   -   new track-file system - problems

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

leave any probs here please

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/39             12-Aug-04  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

SignalRunners - Andrew

Link?: Link

looks like ben hur works just fine :P but what about having the link to the "d/l" not be a DT938741948 number type thing? Could it be the track name/artist name?

Message 3/39             12-Aug-04  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

point, but the actual LINK would be unless i created a redirect page for the d/loads - gimme time anyways man, gotta lot to do before that becomes an issue on the list

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/39             13-Aug-04  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

SignalRunners - Andrew

Well I'm not uploading till that track name is sorted

lolol kidding !! go for it, just something that i picked up--something to worry about last though

Message 5/39             14-Aug-04  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

Rakk

SUp guys - great work-
Problem spotted when updating album, if iu dont enter any text in description box you get an error - not clear unless you read the error that it is cos of the text not allowed to be null.

Keep on going - wicked site

Message 6/39             14-Aug-04  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

doh bollox!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 7/39             14-Aug-04  @  06:59 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

Ok sorted - thatnx for that tip man - cheers

Message 8/39             21-Aug-04  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

Rakk

top marks.

Message 9/39             31-Aug-04  @  11:42 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

e-effect

Been trying to upload my track today, but everytime I click the UPDATE TRACK button, Internet Explorer gives me the following page:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

----
My track is 5 minutes and 3 seconds long (about 4.63 MB). I have enough server space to upload it. It's in mp3 format. The file name is as follows: vow my love.mp3. I've uploaded other tracks with spaces in the titles without problem. Any suggestions here as to what might be going on?

e

Message 10/39             01-Sep-04  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

um.... frankly i'm flumoxed.... eeeee

lemme think about this - are you updating text ONLY (and not the track file) ?

also, is this on dancetech admin or 7161 admin?

Message 11/39             01-Sep-04  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

musta been a bad connection, cos that is not a template-missing error, and it all seems ok when i use it on either site.... have you tried it since?

Message 12/39             02-Sep-04  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

e-effect

Yeah, I just tried again. Even after logging off and logging back on it still doesn't work. I get the same Internet Explorer message. I'm using the 7161.com site. I'm trying to upload the full package: mp3 file and text. I've tried it with two different internet connections as well. I'll try a different computer later on to see if it works, but other than that I don't know what to do. Thanks for your quick replies though!

e

Message 13/39             02-Sep-04  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

e-effect

Just tried it from another computer. Still no avail mind you that I'm using the same dial-up connection to do this with. I get the same internet explorer message. Any ideas?

e

Message 14/39             02-Sep-04  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

no.... it must be ok cos you already added like 7 tracks or so

have you run out of space?

i'd best login as you and see what's going on i guess.

Message 15/39             02-Sep-04  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

well that's odd - i logged in as you and the track you added has no track time and no flava/genre associated with it - but that would have presented an error message telling you: "You must choose a track flava/genre"

didnt you see that error message?

Message 16/39             02-Sep-04  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

Humble Granny

Link?:  No link

Every time I try to upload atrack on 7161 I get an error message saying it could not find the page or just a blank screen where nothing happens, has anyone got any ideas?

Message 17/39             02-Sep-04  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

premini

Got the same prob  .

Message 18/39             02-Sep-04  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

e-effect

I saw no error message at all including one telling me I did not select a flava. Just that screen that IE screen that I pasted above.

I just tried uploading again selecting trance, dancehall, and hardhouse/hinrg as flavas just as I have been trying before. Still no go, so I tried by only selecting one of the 3 flavas and I get the same IE message. Let me know if I can do anything else to help test it out. I love this site by the way...trouble uploading or not

e

Message 19/39             02-Sep-04  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

no idea why.... what browsers are u guys using?... something wierd? - the reason i say that is, there is no other reports of this happening.

Humble Granny - if you tried to upload a track did you delete the title?.. cos you dont even have a track title added in your profile.

also are you both on dial-up?... is that timing out?

i also need both of you to post the error message please so i can read it... try adding a small file snippet of the song rather than the whole song file - y'know 1/2mb or something, just a small chunk to test it & get the error

the only other thing I can think is, you signed up while pages were being changed and your browser isnt refreshing pages but drawing the old ones from your browser cache so they are out of date completely.

in IE - if you go to TOOLS / INTERNET OPTIONS / TEMP' INTERNET FILES / SETTINGS

it should be checked to:

check for newer version of stored pages - every visit to the page

Message 20/39             02-Sep-04  @  07:09 PM     Edit: 02-Sep-04  |  07:20 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

HUMBLE GRANNY

well i just logged in as humble granny (using IE 6 browser) and uploaded a test track no probs - so it's either your browser or connection dude.

gimme some possible feedback, error messages please.

Message 21/39             02-Sep-04  @  07:15 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

PREMINI

Same thing - logged in as you - uploaded a file clip no probs

again, what browser u use, what sort of connection?... what error message u getting? (paste it here)

Message 22/39             02-Sep-04  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

premini

Hi , i'm on WinXP SP2 and IE 6.
I'm getting a typical "The page cannot be displayed" screen.
Thanks.

Message 23/39             02-Sep-04  @  10:00 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

Is that on dial-up or broadband... did you alter your IE settings as suggested?

i dunno why man, the pages are all there... look in your profile - i added a track, logged-in as you, no probs

Message 24/39             03-Sep-04  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

Zazza has suggested this may be to do with SP2 - anyone here added it?

Message 25/39             03-Sep-04  @  04:57 PM     Edit: 03-Sep-04  |  04:58 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

e-effect

No, I haven't installed SP2 yet, but in my Add/Remove Programs list I have the following file: Windows XP Hotfix (SP2) [See Q329115 for more information].

Here's what I found when I did a search for Q329115 on microsoft.com:

------------------------
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-050
Certificate Validation Flaw Could Enable Identity Spoofing (Q329115)

Originally posted: September 04, 2002
Updated: November 11, 2003

Summary
Who should read this bulletin:
Customers using Microsoft® Windows®, Office for Mac, Internet Explorer for Mac, or Outlook Express for Mac.

Impact of vulnerability:
Identity spoofing and, in some cases, ability to gain control over a user's system.

Maximum Severity Rating:
Important

Recommendation:
Customers should install the updated version of the patch immediately, where necessary.

Affected Software:

• Microsoft Windows 98

• Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition

• Microsoft Windows Me

• Microsoft Windows NT® 4.0

• Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Terminal Server Edition

• Microsoft Windows 2000

• Microsoft Windows XP

• Microsoft Office for Mac

• Microsoft Internet Explorer for Mac

• Microsoft Outlook Express for Mac
--------------------------------------

Here's the link with the above information and technical details:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-050.mspx

Don't know if this helps or not, but it's worth a post

e

Message 26/39             03-Sep-04  @  05:35 PM     Edit: 03-Sep-04  |  05:36 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

e-effect

More wierdness. I installed mozilla 1.7.2 just to try another browser. I filled out all of the stuff for my track vow my love and mozilla gave me the following error message when I clicked UPDATE TRACK: The document contains no data.

Does this help locate the problem?

e

Message 27/39             03-Sep-04  @  06:11 PM     Edit: 03-Sep-04  |  06:12 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

e-effect

Just for completeness sake I tried to upload vow my love using one of my school's computers. It's running IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633 under XP and it's a T1 connection. When I tried to upload my track it gave me the same IE page as in my original post. Hope this helps.

e

Message 28/39             04-Sep-04  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

Humble Granny

Humble here, I'm using I explorer with 150k broadband and the message error I get is the usual "the page can not be displayed" or just a completely blank screen that says done in bottom left corner and just stays blank, I thought it might be uploading my track but I left it for 1/2 hour and it was still blank

Message 29/39             04-Sep-04  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

Humble Granny

Just to say, when I go back from the blank screen it says my track is there but its 0 seconds long so its some kind of uploading problem, it would be great to get some feedback because it is really getting on my nerves, cheers

Message 30/39             04-Sep-04  @  04:21 AM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

Humble Granny

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K, this is one of the errors I get when I click upload track but sometimes it is "page cannot be displayed" and the other is "admin error please come back another time", any ideas?

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information

An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

#form.title# is ""

Error near line 2, column 19.

Error resolving parameter FORM.TITLE

The specified form field cannot be found. This problem is very likely due to the fact that you have misspelled the form field name.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFIF), occupying document position (2:1) to (2:25) in the template file C:\httpd\htdocnew\7161\members\track_update_withfile_test.cfm.

Date/Time: 09/04/04 04:16:04
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)
Remote Address: 80.42.136.101

Message 31/39             04-Sep-04  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

MBtunes

I'm having the same problem uploading a track. I checked my temp internet settings to make sure that pages are refresh every time.

Message 32/39             05-Sep-04  @  02:05 AM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

sorry guys, that's all i can say, bear with us, track uploading has been ok for a couple of years with our servers, (with the odd inevitable down time) as people will tell you, so this is unusual.... apparently there's a serious problem with data geting in to the datacenter... it's affecting all servers as it's a cable fault somewhere outside the facility which amogst other things i making massive packetloss of data..... tat's all i can tell you at this time, more tomorrow

sorry again people.

Message 33/39             05-Sep-04  @  06:11 AM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

Humble Granny

I tried again and it finally works, it must have been some kind of server problem, cheers guys

Message 34/39             05-Sep-04  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

it was a line problem apparently - and oddly, although i cant see how it's related, but in the last 2 days, i have been dialing one freind and getting someone else everytime I call (and they've been getting progressivly more pissed off every time i call lol)....and i've had conversations between other people dropping in to phone calls i'm making, like crossed-line, but really badly, where suddenly, i'm listening to someone elses conversation and the person i'm talking too just dissapears - dunno if there was some digital line/exchange chaos over the last few days in south of england??

wierd.

Message 35/39             05-Sep-04  @  01:55 PM     Edit: 05-Sep-04  |  01:57 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

e-effect

I still can't get it to upload. Is it possible that the problem hasn't been completely fixed or am I having another problem? None of my settings have changed from my above posts, and I have set the temp internet options to check for newer versions of the page every time.

e

Message 36/39             05-Sep-04  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

Humble Granny

Since uploading a test track I haven't been able to put any tracks on because of the same problem

Message 37/39             05-Sep-04  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

k

guess it's still not fixed then.... even weirder shit is happening actualy which is too long to explain here but i've got pages working that SHOULDN'T work

i'm starting to wonder if the server is being sabotaged

cant get resposes today so far, waiting for more news... probably i'll shut down 7161 until this is fixed for sure - lets see what happens later or tomorrow morning because if you could only see the fullness of this weirdness you'd understand why it's so weird... stuff that does work doesnt work for most users and pages that SHOULDNT work due to server paths DO work....

ooooh me poor brain....

Message 38/39             06-Sep-04  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

kilo

ok guys.... seems mebbe it's sorted.

could you please try it now - we think it's sorted - you should get a message like this: (but the C:\WINNT\TEMP\ .tmp file will have a different random name)

the message will read:
-------

testing - will the addd-file & update page be found if there is no contents on that page

C:\WINNT\TEMP\ACF6D.tmp

We have a serious bug causing certain files to not upload - please bear with us while we try and identiry the cause.

-------

if you DO get that message - then the file is getting thru it's ok... try another file, if you get the the message again, it's sorted and we can switch it back on hopefuly

cheers

Message 39/39             09-Sep-04  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: new track-file system - problems

e-effect

Awesome, k. Works just like new now

e

Viewing all 39 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)