aaa about new higher bit mp3 service - Site bugs & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Site bugs & feedback

Subject: about new higher bit mp3 service

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             14-Aug-04  @  07:11 AM   -   about new higher bit mp3 service

moonz

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hi k,

Your new larger mp3 hosting feature sounds like a real winner, but I was just wondering...since I just joined your website and uploaded two mp3s in the lo-fi formant just before you implemented this new feature, what should I now do with these already existing lo-fo mp3 files if I would want to advantage of trying your increased webspace, and have these same songs hosted at the higher kps?

In otherwords...should I delete them, and then re-encode the songs to a higher kps, and then upload them again, and your software wiil then automatically create the lo-fi versions from my new uploads?

I wasn't sure if I should leave the current lo-fi versions up if I uploaded those same songs in a higher kps format, thinking maybe that since your software automatically creates a lo-fi mp3 version of my hi-fi mp3 uploads that maybe this would lead to some dedundant lo-fi mp3 files?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             14-Aug-04  @  09:15 AM   -   RE: about new higher bit mp3 service

beds

Link?:  Link

delete the original lofi, upload them again.

Message 3/8             14-Aug-04  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: about new higher bit mp3 service

moonz

okay...thankz.

Message 4/8             14-Aug-04  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: about new higher bit mp3 service

k

dont even have to delete - cos that wipes out the title and text, flava's etc etc

just upload a new file and it's done

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/8             14-Aug-04  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: about new higher bit mp3 service

k

I've added some text to the track-edit page to make this clear

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/8             14-Aug-04  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: about new higher bit mp3 service

moonz

Ooops...too late...I deleted the old lo-fi, and uploaded the new hi-fi...heheh...now some people will think that I did that just to have my songs appear at the top of the "new user tracks" list, once again.

Message 7/8             14-Aug-04  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: about new higher bit mp3 service

moonz

Oh...and by the way...I wanted to compliment you all on the excellent way your site works...very well thought out and implemented...a pleasure to use.

You should consider offering CNET your consulting services...the way their music.download.com site works is really pitiful, compared to yours.

Message 8/8             14-Aug-04  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: about new higher bit mp3 service

beds

doh, sorry about that.

don't listen to a word i say.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)