aaa exportation information please - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: exportation information please

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             02-Mar-05  @  03:11 AM   -   exportation information please

supravista

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have a track started in fruity and need to transfer it to Logic.
I exported all non vsti parts as wav. and opened each of them in their own track in logic... no problem

as for the vsti synth parts, I need to export to midi and open that in logic along with the patch that was used.

The problem is when I open the vsti in Logic, I cant find the patch
And I cant open the midi. file...

Thank for any help

Supra Vista

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             02-Mar-05  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: exportation information please

k

Link?:  Link

not familiar with Fruity but patches saved on vsti's can be the synths OWN saved file (whatever suffix) or saves as a cubase patch file, logic has it's own patch file extention, but of course if you save the patch as the synths own patch setting logic will allow it to be opened - depends if the synth has it's own load/save section or wether that feature is only available on the surrounding logic/fruity/cubase panel that contains the synth

as for the midi file - what 'type' of midi file options do you get when exporting from Fruity, and can Fruity export OMF?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             02-Mar-05  @  09:28 PM     Edit: 02-Mar-05  |  09:29 PM   -   RE: exportation information please

supravista

fuity exports midi as .mid file
as for saving the patch... there doesnt seem to be a place where i can save to the vsti indipendently (I may have missed it thou.)

man, its lookin like im gonna have to transfer the patch one parameter at a time...
If anyone knows how to get around this, please let me know... It will be a massive time saver

Thanks again

supra vista

Message 4/9             18-Mar-05  @  07:47 AM   -   RE: exportation information please

sox

Link?: Link

Did you route all your MIDI parts in FL to the MIDI plugin?

sox

Message 5/9             18-Mar-05  @  11:14 AM   -   RE: exportation information please

k

Link?:  Link

& what is the VSTi in question as well, that'd be useful info

also, cant you just run fruity as a vsti inside Logic as a PLUGIN? (althought that might not solve the actual 'save' issue while running it free-standing as an app, but i dunno fruity's workings.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/9             21-Mar-05  @  08:03 AM   -   RE: exportation information please

sox

cant you just run fruity as a vsti inside Logic as a PLUGIN?

Not if it's on da Mac.....lol

PC only is the Fruit!

sox

Message 7/9             21-Mar-05  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: exportation information please

admin

is he using a mac ?

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 8/9             21-Mar-05  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: exportation information please

sox

Don't know, he just said he wants to transfer to Logic...chances are it's a Mac.

sox

Message 9/9             31-Mar-05  @  02:45 AM   -   RE: exportation information please

supravista

everything was done in Fruity... The plugins used are the Superwave-8 and something called Oberon...

I am on a PC.

Im going to try runnin fruit within logic... It seems like there should be a way to transfer the data tho

Thanks fellas

Supra Vista

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)