aaa Novation Repair US - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Novation Repair US

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             01-Jun-05  @  08:26 PM   -   Novation Repair US

Havok1200

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

In the US is there only one location for Novation Repairs?

I live on the East Coast and they're on the West Coast. Ground Service takes about a week(2 for send and return)

Also what will it cost to repair a faulty DSP? I had a lot of noise that was inherent with the sound before it stopped fully booting up. It's not like I could do without it's just that I want to do what I do with the synth in my possession. I also have another repair for a PG-300 that was done out of my stupidity with not labeling the AC cord.

H12

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             02-Jun-05  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: Novation Repair US

nickb

Link?: Link

Hi,

Novation appointed a new US distributor, American Music and Sound, at the start of this year. At the moment, AMS are continuing to use the same service centre that previous Novation US distributors also used. This is a company called Professional Sound and Music, (4593 Mission Gorge Place, San Diego, CA. 92120 , tel 619. 583.7851 )

Pro Sound are the best people to call to find out how much they are likely to charge for replacing a DSP on your unit (which unit by the way?).

I am sure that AMS will be appointing further service centres in the near future.

Best regards,

Nick Bookman.

Message 3/14             02-Jun-05  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: Novation Repair US

Havok1200

It's the Nova Desktop/Laptop. With the four hour time difference I have to call around noon when they get in (9am) assume.

Message 4/14             02-Jun-05  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: Novation Repair US

k

Link?:  Link

6 HOURS FOR THE WEST COAST

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/14             02-Jun-05  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: Novation Repair US

Havok1200

Well... I called they do not have any parts in stock neithe do they know how much nor how long it will be. Well I can tell this will be a great journey. I'll take it to my guy and let him deal with sending it to out. He did it when I had a problem with my Yammie. Why do I have a feeling that this is going to cost me. I wish it could be done by myself...

Message 6/14             03-Jun-05  @  10:42 AM   -   RE: Novation Repair US

nickb

Hi,

as posted on the other thread, can you let me know exactly what happens when you turn your Nova on? What is shown on the LCD screen, which LEDs light solid, which LEDs don't light, which LEDs flash. This will help me to find out what is wrong with the Nova, I can then get in touch with Pro Sound and if they don't have the part in stock, they can order the part before your Nova reaches them.

Best regards,

Nick.

Message 7/14             03-Jun-05  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: Novation Repair US

Havok1200

When I turn on the Nova I can do one of five things send os, recieve os, flash os to 3.0, test rom, or just turn it on. If I turn it on first Nova on the first line comes on, then a second later under "Nova" it says "O/S version 4.1". During turn on all buttons flash once. There is only on thing that changes either quickly or with some delay the button "dist/EQ config" blinks. And thats what happens continuously. Whether its been on or off for a while. I did notice that the area around the LCD does get warm if left on for a while. Prior to this lock up I had static/noise emulating from all channels. I was under the assumption that it was coming from the input and/or input sensitivity being set to high. It stayed with the sound as if it were part of the sound if I increased the sound it increased if I lowered the sound it lowered too. If I hit my keyboard harder or softer it was the same thing. As of now I can't do anything.

Message 8/14             07-Jun-05  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: Novation Repair US

nickb

Hi,

This is usually due to a DSP failure, the part LEDs normally show which DSPs have started and which haven't. If the only LED showing any sign of life at all is the eq LED and this is flashing, then I would think that this is a problem with the very first DSP. I'll warn Pro Sound.

Best regards,

Nick Bookman.

Message 9/14             09-Jun-05  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: Novation Repair US

Havok1200

Nick I spoke to US service tech @ProSounds he said please be prepared to wait a while because they're are a bunch of Novations waiting for parts. That they been on wait for a while. Maybe you can give a call to ProSounds to see what parts are needed in order to expedite the repairs that are on hold.

I'm sending out my unit tommorrow.

Message 10/14             31-Jul-05  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: Novation Repair US

Havok1200

Havok1200 wrote:

Nick I spoke to US service tech @ProSounds he said please be prepared to wait a while because theyre are a bunch of Novations waiting for parts. That they been on wait for a while. Maybe you can give a call to ProSounds to see what parts are needed in order to expedite the repairs that are on hold.

Im sending out my unit tommorrow.

Here it is (tommorrow is) August, and I'm still waiting. Oh the HORROR! What does it take to get a simple DSP shipped to the distributor? I'm dying here! I need my baby back. I should have sold it to some dope and just bought a new one on Ebay. And here's the funny thing...the distributor/repair center has had it in their possession longer than I had.

I would like to know what Novation is doing with the US repair division that keeps people waiting so long?

Message 11/14             07-Sep-05  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: Novation Repair US

Havok1200

SEPTEMBER STILL WAITING...

Message 12/14             07-Sep-05  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: Novation Repair US

milan

eek... sorry dude  

Message 13/14             07-Sep-05  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: Novation Repair US

Havok1200

Finally getting somewhere...

Will know in a week or so...

...To Be Continued...

Message 14/14             05-Jul-11  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: Novation Repair US

rrai74

just wondering if anyone can help.  i have a novation sl25 mk2. for some reason it has stopped powering up via usb. i am using a mac g5. i have checked all usb ports and even tried using 9v adaptor. can anyone assist me please?

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot