aaa 1820m outboard effects, Inserts? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: 1820m outboard effects, Inserts?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             29-Jun-05  @  09:39 PM   -   1820m outboard effects, Inserts?      [Link: Emu - 1820m]

guitar0633

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi. I am considering the 1820M, but also the Echo Layla 3G PCI. One thing the Layla has that the EMU doesn't is a couple inserts on the two mic amps. This is important to me because I want to use outboard compressor and my TC M300 effects for good reverb. How would I do this with the EMU? Can the inputs be routed to the outputs BEFORE A/D conversion, or does it have to go through the computer first?

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             29-Jun-05  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: 1820m outboard effects, Inserts?

k

Link?:  Link

it does have tha ability yes - you'd need to add a send insert into each L/R input on the patchmix and assign that to another send return route, but i never tried that yet and cant say how well it works. Sposed to be zero latency tho cos it's just a straight feed i/o

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             29-Jun-05  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: 1820m outboard effects, Inserts?

k

Link?:  Link

I just tried it for you witha drawmer comp and the 1820m - I inserted a send/return in the patchmix s/w and plumbed in a drawmer comp unit... used it to add compression to a mic being phantom powered on the 1820m input.. I had to raise the latency to 10MS to stop the odd crackle, but, that doesnt effect the latency of the send/return which to my ears sounded realtime as with a hardware studio... it sounded pretty crisp actualy with a cheap Red5AudioRV6. Anyways, it does it

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot