aaa New ESI stuff........ - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: New ESI stuff........

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             20-Jul-05  @  11:43 AM   -   New ESI stuff........

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Just to say we received some of the ESI new(ish) products today, and there'll be some reviews soon... Interestingly one of them is the ESI WaMi Rack ESP1010 which is the new version of the old Hoontech C-PORT system... interesting

ESP 1010 system

it's been revamped image-wise, now all in creamy white. The've lost the balanced master XLR L/R master outs it seems, but have addressed stuff like the lack of physical support for the XLR mic sockets which on the old C-port and it's fore-runner the even older dsp2496 + adc/dac2000 system, was a weakspot.

On the ESP1010, the two XLR's mic sockets are now physicaly supported with two screws which attach each socket to the rack unit's front-panel.

you also get 2 headphone sockets now.

Anyways, that's that one

They also sent the JULI@ card

JULI@ card

which i suppose is the replacement for the old ST-Audio DSP2496 basic card, and this one is very interesting because the card is reversible !

you can remove the PCI Slot plate and re-attach it to the other side of the card. Also, the card splits in half with socket arrnagement - This allows you to choose to have either RCA phono sockets or 1/4" sockets for the card... cool! - Usual stuff otherwise, midi i/o & s/pdif but it does look well cool all in white, inc' the pcb board  

anyways, more to come then. There's a slew of reviews to work thru on baclog now that the 7161 site coding updates are all done.... Two mic reviews and final parts for the E-mu 1820m and SX BCF stuff also to come over the next month, so it'll be busy busy

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             22-Jul-05  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: New ESI stuff........

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Didn't ESI ditch Hoontech/STAudio (hence no more driver support for those systems)????

In which case, these aren't really replacements but competitors...

Any good? (My CPort System is still going strong *touches wood*)

Message 3/6             22-Jul-05  @  10:49 AM   -   RE: New ESI stuff........

k

yeah, mine 2!... still works perfect & works like a dream with Logic & SX etc... no, these are simply redesigned replacement products according to Claus at RIDI

the 1010 is the old c-port, revamped in look with some design improvements (properly secured XLR sockets for example as mentioned), a new-look casing, etc.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/6             30-Jul-05  @  12:22 AM     Edit: 30-Jul-05  |  12:23 AM   -   RE: New ESI stuff........

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Cool... from what I gather.. Claus and Matt (Skinah) are a bit hacked at the fact that "users" felt ripped off with the level of support for the Hoontech/STAudio/ESI stuff.. the fact that a LOT of users (apparently) felt that driver dev should've improved... Those .guys bent over backwards to help but I guess the weight of negative trolls asking for advice can dull *anyones* day...

Well I recommended a lot of those CPort units and no one I knew had any problems.... its solid PCI tech and it works so..... confused... what do ppl do?

I can appreciate pc stuff enough to know that shit happens but.....

Message 5/6             30-Jul-05  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: New ESI stuff........

k

yeah, but some people... the installs sometimes arent the best - i had a mate on the phone screaming cos his card couldn't install after a mobbo failure/upgrade and a rebuild. I stepped him thu it over the phone and it took bloody ages before i got it to install, wasnt the best for that card driver (dsp24/96 Value)

my hoon c-port system works fine, much better for Logic than the e-mu 1820m frankly... Claus is definately one of the good guys  

Message 6/6             25-Oct-05  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: New ESI stuff........

k

ESI JULI@ - video review being uploaded - yeah, it's at 35%, should be online in another 20 minutes from time of this post - check it out via dancetech frontpage... bloody great card!... super quiet and more. I'm well impressed with it. definately a contender to take the 'budget card' crown, but it's way above budget quality.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot