aaa Echo Indigo issues - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Echo Indigo issues

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             15-Nov-05  @  09:03 AM   -   Echo Indigo issues

The Moujik

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi all - would really appreciate some help with the following...

Picked up a Echo Indigo DJ at the weekend; seemed to install fine but when I came to use it the sound is seriously screwed - hard to describe, but sort of flanged & delayed (but not in a good way!) and also causes my laptop to run REALLY slowly.

Anyway, got the latest drivers but made only a very slight difference.

So - other thing I thought about is IRQs. I don't know enough about PCs to know if this is gonna make a difference on a laptop with PCMCIA soundcard, but the coundcard is sharing an IRQ with the graphics, USB and a couple of other things. Figure this could be bad news, but when I go into Device Manager, the options to change the IRQs etc are greyed out.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm logged in as Administrator AFAIK (there's only one account on the PC), and it's a 6 month old 1.6Ghz Centrino running XP Pro SP2 (newly installed yesterday on re-formatted drive).

Cheers,

Chris

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             15-Nov-05  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: Echo Indigo issues

k

Link?:  Link

i wouldnt say it's anything to do with the irq, that can cause a 'flanging' or 'delay' sound. Sounds more like an issue with the internal patching. flanging sounds would indicate somehow you have two streams somehow being fed from your sequencer... is yours the new model with virtual drivers for multiple internal streams?... something's wrong in that department

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             15-Nov-05  @  11:26 AM   -   RE: Echo Indigo issues

The Moujik

I don't think so... I've not got a sequencer installed ATM, this is just from playing the Windows sounds & a few MP3s. I'm only using virtual outs 1+2 going directly to the physical outputs.

It sounds more like this problem from the Echo site:

7. I'm having problems with audio playback on my laptop computer with my Echo CardBus product.

[top]

If you have a Laptop computer with a PCMCIA Chipset made by ENE, when you first install your Echo Cardbus product (Indigo, Indigo io, Indigo dj, Layla24 Laptop Adapter, Mona Laptop Adapter) you may find that there are problems with the audio playback. If you meet the above criteria then you may want to try our Echo ENE utility. For more information and to download the utility,

Unfortunately my Device Manager just shows it a Generic Cardbus Controller & doesn't show the manufacturer or chipset

Message 4/7             15-Nov-05  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: Echo Indigo issues

k

you can get free d/loadable diagnostic s/w apps which can tell you your hardware

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             15-Nov-05  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: Echo Indigo issues

dARKSTATe

Hey bud,

Sorry I'm late to this party.. I got an Indigo DJ and it works fine despite the fact that the cardbus controller on my lappy is an ENE based one.

Chances are yours is too even it its not being reported as such - can't offer much advice save for trying the tools Echo offer...

If you wanna come along to the Soundcheck next friday, and bring your lappy we could try my card on your lappy and vice versa if you like.. email me if you wanna make a plan

Marc_D

Message 6/7             16-Nov-05  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: Echo Indigo issues

The Moujik

Cheers guys... to cut a long story short, I tried the Echo ENE chipset patch last night & after a bit of tinkering it seems to be working fine.

Guess I should have tried it before posting, eh?!...

Message 7/7             16-Nov-05  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: Echo Indigo issues

k

wha-wha-whaaaaaaaaa

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot