aaa Help me Mister Wizard! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Help me Mister Wizard!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             16-Nov-05  @  10:33 PM   -   Help me Mister Wizard!

ericpage33

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this electronic producing world and purchased FL Loops 5. I've watched the tutorials but still having difficulty. What's difficult is that after seeing all the different devices in FL Studio, such as the Sequencer and Piano Roll, I still can't figure out how to make a simple song. I must be thick in the brain or something. In the tutorials, they just tell you how a device works, but not how to really use it. That is, if you do "this" and then import into "that", the beginning of a song happens.

So, if any of you got advice on this subject, I would love to hear about it. Better yet, do you know where I can find that "tutorial" that demonstrates what I'm talking about?

Regards,
Eric

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             19-May-06  @  05:48 PM     Edit: 19-May-06  |  05:53 PM   -   RE: Help me Mister Wizard!

kevtippin

Link?: Link

Well ive been dj-ing on the clubscene for 5years &been dji-ing for another 5
but i decidedi needed to progress so i got meself fl studio 6 xxl pro edit cos i find it
works well for me despite bad comments about this software . Now im in no way
experienced greatly but , i belive music is a constant learning curve therefore nobody is an expert.
well i have yet 2 meet 1 .. Anyhow i got my beats sorted & am just learning to put music to these as we speak . its frustrating & a million other things but i will
conquer this fing before the year is out i am hoping & will hopefully have some material to show for the painstaking hours i have invested in doing this ..

I have never seen a tutorial as yet & have learnt everything by trial & error so far, i wont even ask for help from people i know that are getting things put 2 vinyl
basically cos im to proud 4 my own good & thats just in my blood . I dare say if i had done ,
or watched the tutorials id cut this thing in half the time m8 but he who laughs last laughs longest
as they say >
Anyhow wat i am basicly saying is just mess about with everything i did and im not far short of making something be it good or bad ... I am hoping the people on here can open my eyes
in some way as this is the first thing i have done so far in the way of learning more from others about this music creation melarkie so, its a big step towards changing my own personal values
away from anything to do with even music we just gotta keep on at it i guess / if you want itbad enough it will happen soon enough ... soz about the noval 2

Message 3/7             20-May-06  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: Help me Mister Wizard!

sox

"cos i find it works well for me despite bad comments about this software"

What bad comments would they be? All the people I teach to use it have nothing but good things to say about it....
And, the ones who only use Macs all wish they something like it for their OS...(approximately 2 to 3 Macheads per year end up buying a cheap PC to run FL with they find it so useful!)

FL Studio rocks...

sox

Message 4/7             20-May-06  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: Help me Mister Wizard!

sox

What bad comments would they be? All the people I teach to use it have nothing but good things to say about it....
And, the ones who only use Macs all wish they something like it for their OS...(approximately 2 to 3 Macheads per year end up buying a cheap PC to run FL with they find it so useful!)

FL Studio rocks...

sox

Message 5/7             20-May-06  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: Help me Mister Wizard!

sox

FL Studio rocks...

sox

Message 6/7             20-May-06  @  08:43 AM   -   RE: Help me Mister Wizard!

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, Fruity is an odd one, it follows the rules of the old skool tracker type pattern-based programmes in that you create patterns and then create a linear arrangement using those created patterns which is also how REASON and ORION etc works.

I'm no expert at all, Sox knows this programme really well, but from what i do know of it, some of the big s/w houses could really learn alot from that type of protocol tho in some areas of their own programmes, such as Fruity's implementation of controllers. Even if you do own cubase or whatever Fruity is a great programme for making loops which you can export for use in your main sequencer. (alot of people use it for that too)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/7             20-Jun-06  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: Help me Mister Wizard!

John Ghadimi

Hi,

I'm one of those mac users who ended up buy a PC specifically for FL Studio. I simply LOVE
that app!! If the kinda music you make is very pattern based and "modular" then this program is
for you. The idea behind FL is easy:

- Create different patterns for different instruments, sections, etc.. so you could have different
patterns for drums, drum fills, lead lines, basslines, etc...

- Once you got your patterns created, then in SONG mode, you start constructing you song in
the playlist. This is where the fun begins. It's like using LEGO blocks to create your
arrangement.

- Then of course, to create a more seamless and professional mix, you will use the mixer to
effect and engineer your individual instruments, vocals, etc...

This is really the basis of how FL studio works. You have instruments (virtual instruments) that
end up being used to make patterns, and the patterns are used to make your "song" in the
playlist.

When I first got FL studio, all I need to get going was their getting started manual, which is
available for download. Grab that and start making some tracks.

J.

ericpage33@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Hey Guys,

Im new to this
electronic producing world and purchased FL Loops 5. Ive watched the tutorials but still having
difficulty. Whats difficult is that after seeing all the different devices in FL Studio, such as the
Sequencer and Piano Roll, I still cant figure out how to make a simple song. I must be thick in
the brain or something. In the tutorials, they just tell you how a device works, but not how to
really use it. That is, if you do this and then import into that, the beginning of a song happens.
/>
So, if any of you got advice on this subject, I would love to hear about it. Better yet, do
you know where I can find that tutorial that demonstrates what Im talking about?

>Regards,
Eric

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)