aaa Reaktor 5 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Reaktor 5

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             05-Dec-05  @  10:57 AM   -   Reaktor 5

The Moujik

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Anyone using this? I finally got round to upgrading from v3 - pretty good value, about £80 I think, includes all the manuals and a proper install disc (no installing upgrade patches over your old versions).

Basically, I'm really impressed - sound quality seems to have take quite a leap forward from v3/4. The new ensembles are a nice showcase of what it can do, ranging from the pretty basic to the uselessly esoteric! Over the weekend I've been messing with the sample/beat mangling stuff producing outrageously poor Venetian Snares ripoffs

Anyway, I'm sure someone will come along & tell me I could do it all for free in Synthedit or Pure Data...but so far I'm loving Reaktor!

Chris

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             05-Dec-05  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: Reaktor 5

k

Link?:  Link

ah... I use V3... it's awesome .. I'm always worried of loosing that little dongle tho  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             05-Dec-05  @  11:58 AM   -   RE: Reaktor 5

The Moujik

Yeah, I know the feeling! Luckily it's all changed & now done with an authorisation code you get from the Native Instruments site. Just copy & paste it into a Reaktor screen when you install.

Message 4/7             13-Feb-06  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: Reaktor 5

Rags .aka. Welder

It IS fucking awesome. With the new core thingy you can build basically anything that is DSP based... bad news is that you might need a degree in digital signal processing. The good news is that if you don't, you could have one easily after playing around a bit with R5

Maybe it uses a bit more CPU than other plugs, but it definetly sounds great.

Message 5/7             20-Feb-06  @  12:47 AM   -   RE: Reaktor 5

k

i had some 'off the peg' synths for it, inc a JP8000 supersaw, i cant remember the company name who did them, about 10 bucks each, anyways that ability to just 'load' a synth is awesome.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/7             20-Feb-06  @  09:22 AM   -   RE: Reaktor 5

The Moujik

It was probably Dash Synthesis... they're not going any more AFAIK, but you can find their stuff knocking around the 'net if you look for it.

I don't really have time to make stuff from scratch at the moment due to work, but usually pick up a couple of .ens a week from the Reaktor User Library & have a play.... some really impressive stuff up there.

Message 7/7             20-Feb-06  @  11:45 AM   -   RE: Reaktor 5

k

that's it, great stuff!... load and play, a nice and simple fix

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot