aaa Z3ta+ Synth - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Z3ta+ Synth

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             28-Feb-06  @  02:14 PM   -   Z3ta+ Synth

Dominic

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Watched the "Pendulum do Bass" DVD on the latest Future Music mag and that dude was getting some real cutting edge (sic) sounds out of the z3ta+ instrument. I mean really amazing sounds. He made this key/stab sound and it was sooooo cool. He said that he used to use reaktor but now uses just this synth and the virus powercore thing. His z3ta+ version has this bug where if you change the patch twice in a row (or something) then it completely changes the original patch but in a good way.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             28-Feb-06  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: Z3ta+ Synth

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

Zeta sounds great, and it has a nice (traditional) synth interface. Only drawback I think are the modulation capabilities (or rather the way it is implemented, lets say I've found it a bit un-intuitive).

Of courset is not in the same league as reaktor when it comes to versatility, but as a good all-around synth it really shines.

Message 3/8             28-Mar-06  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: Z3ta+ Synth

k

Link?:  Link

wadda you guys think of those moog clone softs? - i really like em. esp the arp stuff cos i love that arp sound and the era it evokes

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/8             29-May-06  @  05:50 AM   -   RE: Z3ta+ Synth

Rags .aka. Welder

You mean the arturia stuff? Pretty impressive IMO... the only thing is that even if they sound very different compared to each other (I've tried the ARP, Moog Modular and the CS-80), they are very similar (in sound) when compared to today's albinos, z3tas, absynths...

So one is prolly enough for me, now the only question if it shall be the ARP or the Moog Modular.

I've also conducted some experiments to see if I can reproduce a Moog Modular string sound with z3ta, and I've failed miserably, even though I used all the same setup with the same modulations and envelopes... so these french must know something

Message 5/8             29-May-06  @  10:00 AM   -   RE: Z3ta+ Synth

k

Link?:  Link

we used the Arturia Moog for some arp stuff in a film recently, mixed into a score it sounded very authentic in at least it evoked the era/genre

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/8             26-Nov-06  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Z3ta+ Synth

softcore

sorry I hadnt seen this topic so I also posted at cake/sonar category.....

.......anyway...........

Am I so stupid or what?

I tried z3ta+ in 2 sequencers,sonar and FL,and in both of them I cant seem to make it respond to velocity changes!!!!I even tried all the velocity curves which are to be found in the options menu but still..........What am I missing out here?

please help,thanx!

Message 7/8             06-Dec-06  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: Z3ta+ Synth

Rags .aka. Welder

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Okay, this example is from fruity... you won't get any response to the velocity unless you define it in the modulation matrix.

For me the easiest is to have the velocity influence an already existing modulation source. Here envelope generator 1 (EG1) is modulating the cufott for both filters (All Filter Cutoffs). By programming "Veloc" into the control column you basically control the AMOUNT of modulation done by the envelope. (Its like you multiply the modulator signal by a number between 0 and 1, where 0 is velocity = 0 and 1 is velocity = 127).

Message 8/8             08-Dec-06  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: Z3ta+ Synth

softcore

OOOOhhhh!
Thank u very much!!!
I stupidly enough thought that velocity would modulate overall volume level by default with out having to assign such a modulation!!!

....i feel like an idiot right now cause it was so simple......lol.....

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot