aaa MPC conection to computer - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: MPC conection to computer

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             19-May-06  @  12:37 AM   -   MPC conection to computer

nexplosion

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

evening...lately a spyed an old akai on ebay with a adaptec scsi to usb adaptor.....i believe this
is so samples could be held on computer harddrive then acceseds this way.

i went out and bought the scsi to usb adaptor but cant find a way to get it to work.

do any of you lot have a way to do this?..thanks...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             19-May-06  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: MPC conection to computer

soup

the scsi adapter won't turn your computer into a drive, it will allow you to dump and recieve samples via SMDI provided you have software (wavelab etc) that suppports it. it will also let you read and write to akai formated scsi devices provided you have software (translator etc) that knows how to do this.

i've never used a usb2scsi adapter only pci and cardbus but usually scsi is not hot swapable so be warned. it'd do you some good to google scsi and read up on terminators id's and the like.

Message 3/3             20-May-06  @  11:49 AM     Edit: 20-May-06  |  11:49 AM   -   RE: MPC conection to computer

nexplosion

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)