aaa Linkin Park Guitar - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Linkin Park Guitar

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             01-Jun-06  @  09:11 PM   -   Linkin Park Guitar

express

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Listen to With You (Album Version) by Linkin Park : http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/14176604

Listen to this song (it's free guys, just put in email, and you'll be able to listen to the whole song five times, yay napsterlinks)

The guitars in this are sooooo ruff and deep. How was it done? Any ideas? Maybe layered? Its gotta be a studio plug-in or something.

So whacha think?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             01-Jun-06  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: Linkin Park Guitar

milan

Link?: Link

yay! our first how-to guitar tech question!  

sorry, no i dea. dont play guitars, see...

Message 3/3             01-Jun-06  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: Linkin Park Guitar

k

Link?:  Link

Pretty standard detuned stuff man. It's a crappy lo-fi link you provided, ut i've got a few LP tracks in my collection, but generaly with detuned stuff it's Detune down to B or whatever, make sure to use heavier strings like mebbe 13's - 60's), layer the guitars, spread them using stereo imaging delay tricks, add your bass at the bottom, add a harmony layer perhaps, sorted. What amps etc they use i dunno, aren't they Morin modified Marshalls or Bognors or whatever?

also the actual guitar pickups is fairly important, something with a nice hot output but plenty of harmonics & string seperation.

Basswise, bass DIAD power chords work wonders under the riff, invariably you'll get the root and 5th with a 2-string chord playing the second string 2 frets above the lower string (like the first two strings in a guitar E-shape barre chord), but you can thing about the second finger placement to get variations which can do stuff when you start putting a minor 3rd or 6th or whatever with the root

it should be driving the roots, you wanna mix it so it's got a bit of snarl in the top mid but browl down below, so a bridge pickup selection, treble scoop it a bit and drop off the bottom so it's not mushing the riff. some distortion to taste try and catch that 6k edge but it's gotta be very blended in with the low guitar strings, it doesnt want to be very visible like you can hear it clearly.

Anyways it's the lowness of the tuning that gets the 'doom' ness in the riffs or a 7 string with a bass string on B, but a detuned 6 string is the one to go for i reckon

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)