aaa Logic 5.5 Win XP - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic 5.5 Win XP

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             09-Nov-06  @  04:09 PM   -   Logic 5.5 Win XP

Brian Telford

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm having problems getting Logic to work. It loads ok I can enter a midi track via the matrix but as soon as I hit play all I get is a very loud buzz and it locks up!. If I force close it although it appears to close logic audio is still running under processes.
Copm is 2.6G Athlon with Soud Blaster Audigy Platinum. Have tried useing Asio drivers all to no avail. Any suggestions?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             09-Nov-06  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 Win XP

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

well it's a pants soundcard for starters... also, Logic always locks the card if it crashes so you must reboot the PC.. is this the asio4all driver u use oir does this abomination of a soundcard actualy have asio driver written by creative?

also Logic doesnt like to share with windows audio settings (in control panel / sounds & audio devices) so try assigning the SOUND/VOICE tabs for playback & record settings to the sp/dif in/out of the card - it does have sp/dif in/out doesnt it?

the other thing is, that card is locked at 48k isnt it? - and what are you trying to sequence with midi...?.. an external device or a s/w instrument or what?

anyways it's a pile of dung soundcard... best to bite the bullet and splash out 50 quid on an audiophile or something

also what athlon is it?.. an old one?.. what chipset?... if old and a VIA you must apply the HYPERION VIA patches (available from via)

but for now just asnwer the above and leave that issue

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)