aaa Cubase 4...comments? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Cubase 4...comments?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             14-Dec-06  @  06:14 PM   -   Cubase 4...comments?

sox

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Just started using Cubase 4 last week so I haven't got into any of the new features yet but I'm impressed with the ones I have come across....
Seems to be rock solid on my laptop and desktop machines with less CPU power being used up.
I'll start getting into the new stuff over xmas hopefully

Only bummer so far is backward incompatibility with older versions for file types...I can open them in 4 but can't in SX once their saved.

sox

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             05-Feb-07  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Cubase 4...comments?

woxy

erm... i just upgraded from SX2 -> Cubase 4 on the weekend and it no longer recognises my lovely Dave Brown plugins - - which i had previously used on ALL of my projects.

i had a little look around on the internet and discovered that Cubase 4 has dropped support for Direct X !!

didn't see that emblazoned across the list of "features"

looks like i've got to buy a DX->VST wrapper then go thru ALL of my projects opening in SX2 writing down the settings and re-setting them in Cubase 4 on every compressors / limiters etc.

what a bunch of c*nts

.woxy.

Message 3/6             05-Feb-07  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Cubase 4...comments?

k

Link?:  Link

yeah thats been a criticism, and if you invested in something like waves you'd be royaly hacked off i'd imagine

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/6             07-Feb-07  @  12:56 PM   -   RE: Cubase 4...comments?

woxy

...although my WAVES plugs have a nice VST wrapper and seem to work OK so far on Cubase 4.

woxy

Message 5/6             24-Feb-07  @  02:51 AM   -   RE: Cubase 4...comments?

Pure Synthesis

I'm afraid to use Cubase 4...
I know someone that bought Cubase 4 for a one PC and it automatically searched and converted ALL the files on the system to Cubase4 projects and now they cant be used on anything other than Cubase4.
Cubase 4 files are NOT backwards compatable!
They're are taking us for a ride!

Anyone that has more than one PC running cubase and cant afford another licence should stay clear of it.
Anyone that wants they're files to be compatible with someone else's system should not buy.

I say BOYCOTT CUBASE 4 !!!

Message 6/6             24-Feb-07  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: Cubase 4...comments?

k

Link?:  Link

there's certainly a bad response to it all over the place, all sorts of problems, and at cubase forums the amount of posts is quite small, as in, not many people went for it

whats the criticism of the screen being to dark, seem an odd one, but one on the list apparently, i spose you gotta wait to see what they fix if at all. i spose the biggest gripe is the total lack of dialog and response from steiny

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)