aaa Emu_ESI-4000 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Emu_ESI-4000

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             20-Feb-07  @  12:18 AM   -   Emu_ESI-4000      [Link: Emu - ESI-4000]

LeonDawson69

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I own a EMU ESI4000 turbo...

How do I replace the floppy disk drive with a zip drive?

Can anyone help?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             20-Feb-07  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: Emu_ESI-4000

k

Link?:  Link

well if it's got a scis port use that would be easiest and leave the floppy drive in place, I mean assuming you can still get a scsi zip drive external, I havent looked at iomega's stuff for years tbh.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8             20-Feb-07  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: Emu_ESI-4000

Pure Synthesis

Link?: Link

k wrote:

well if its got a scis port use that would be easiest and leave the floppy drive in place, I mean assuming you can still get a scsi zip drive external, I havent looked at iomegas stuff for years tbh.

Hi,
I've logged in properly this time  
What I want is to replace the floppy with a zip, I need instructions or a guide of some kind.
I have multiple zip drives... but im wanting to upgrade the ESI-4000, to an ESI-4000ZIP.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Message 4/8             20-Feb-07  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: Emu_ESI-4000

k

Link?:  Link

dunno mate, dont yammh have a manual online fot that. I spose one would open her up replace the drive and attach to an intyernal scsi connector, but there may be more like jumpers to set

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/8             21-Feb-07  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: Emu_ESI-4000

Pure Synthesis

nah, too risky..
I cant afford to blow something.
I've already upgraded the memory, but I'm not prepared to start messing around with power cables and scsi ports.

thanks all the same tho  

Message 6/8             22-Feb-07  @  08:44 AM   -   RE: Emu_ESI-4000

milan

hmm... i remember wanting to do the same with my ESI 2000 years ago, but then giving up. i think the floppy model simply doesnt have an internal scsi port or something. or i might be talking bollox. sorry  

Message 7/8             13-May-07  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Emu_ESI-4000

Malcolm Jeffery

Ok if you have an esi turbo it would have the zip already in place of the floppy, if you have just
the normal esi 4000 as i do it is physically imposible as built in floppy drive is way smaller than
zip drive and the hole left in sampler will not acomodate a zip, have you got a scsi connector on
the back as this is the only way this will connect to a zip drive, if not then is there a blanking
panel which allows a scsi to be fitted, if so ebay for a scsi adaptor and away u go, although
might be easier to track down a esi turbo which has zip installed.
good luck
Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 8/8             12-Mar-08  @  09:56 AM   -   RE: Emu_ESI-4000

Will

Link?:  No link

I replaced the floppy in my ESi-32 not long ago, and it's pretty straightforward. You just need to attach a internal 50-pin ribbon cable to the internal SCSI port and branch off the power using a molex y-slpitter or a floppy to molex converter.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot