aaa Need plugin Advice - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Need plugin Advice

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             05-Mar-07  @  10:09 AM   -   Need plugin Advice

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

plug-in/dxi instrument, is there a diffence? not sure-

anyhoo hello to everyone i haven't spoken to in a few years - hope you are all keeping well

right ive finally entered the 21st century and have a laptop- im still using my old setup but in conjunction with acid + halion + kontakt + philharmonik

i esssentially bought my mates gear off him as he was getting out of the game- so am totally blown away by the Philharmonik - it may be absolutley amazing or i may just be nieve but either way im getting more inspiration from its sound ssets than ive had in years-

and i want more!

i need sound sets of the same quality to cover my keys and other non-orchestral real instruments.... and am wondering if there are more all in one instruments that offer the same quality but for like rhodes and bass and stuff like that.... things i can drop into my acid jazz/chill out tunes....

any suggestions? i do value the opinions of pros like you guys

dubs

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             05-Mar-07  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: Need plugin Advice

k

Link?:  Link

for rhodes and electric pianos i dont think you can beat the emagic evp stuff which is available in vsti plugin format for other hosts

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/10             05-Mar-07  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: Need plugin Advice

monkeybasket2001

cheers k im on it...

ive come to teh conclusion that im more of a sound twiddler than a sound creator- i have far better musical results with sounds i edit rather than ones i create...

cheers

Message 4/10             05-Mar-07  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: Need plugin Advice

k

acid jazz eh, is that your thing ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/10             05-Mar-07  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: Need plugin Advice

monkeybasket2001

well its more the instruments im into- you know the kind early jamiroquai uses- liquid bass, various boards, flutes, horn sections and stuff - basically instrumenst you may find cropping up in kruder and dorfmeister or zero 7- again its that im trying to sound like these but have wanna know their sources- it cant all be live can it? fair enough if it is-

i just found the philharmonik so useable- some instantly gratifying patches which also sound pretty realistic- im getting my head round orchestrating to make them sound a bit better- so relaly wanted something that offered the same quality but for pop/jazz instruments- looking toward the more jazz - basically so i an cover all the bases...

ive got to a point where im pretty genreless... either doing the house beats (like i used to), providing beats for some local mc's, doin laid back jazzy styled stuff or doing pure music like pianos and orrchestras with no drums or percussion- plus mixes of the whole lot...

i finally found a way i like to work- write on the mpc, record track by track into SF, align tracks in acid, mix and structure from there- am doing very little in mastering as i never was any good at it but have some lovely plugins and am just finding separating the process i get the very best of both worlds-

still getting latency probs which is why i generally record beats into the pc and then mess around over the top either on the mp or in acid- the new acid is brilliant- people can scoff but im now compleely non-anal- any program, gear, sound source or sample is fair game! oh to evolve....

dubs

Message 6/10             05-Mar-07  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: Need plugin Advice

k

do u play anything like bass or whatever?

Message 7/10             06-Mar-07  @  09:44 AM   -   RE: Need plugin Advice

monkeybasket2001

not very well, i play the guitar so have some grounding in real instruments, kind of learning the piano but not formally- its a question i asked here a few times about bass- how to get that liquid house/funk sound cos i couldn't believe that every house producer out there played bass or had a bass player....

so have many bass sample cds....just dont use over 80% of the sounds...

dubs

Message 8/10             06-Mar-07  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Need plugin Advice

k

well i play bass so i dont need samples, but i'd assume one creates a good bassline to start with and then uses subtle pitchbend and/or portamento to improve the fluidity between notes

also the eq/tone matters for that roundedness and groove i spose

Message 9/10             06-Mar-07  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: Need plugin Advice

k

anyways it's about the gaps (and thats the same for dub bass really), as this example from Chuck Brown shows so well... not much bass, but slides and trills and the odd pull-off which drop into the bass stabs.

Bustin Loose

Message 10/10             06-Mar-07  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: Need plugin Advice

monkeybasket2001

cool stuff!

my programming is ok and my riffs are fuine as ill work em out on the guitar first its just the sound-

i like the sound of stewart zender (space cowboy era jamiroquai) and think he uses an warwick streamer bass - so at least if i get some samples of that ill know the missing element is how im eq'ing and compressing

im really just trying to set myself up to be a bit more pro- which emans access to pro sounds...

dubs

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot